Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now a member of the 2 piece stock block club.
The old girl let go yesterday morning on the way to work, I wasn't really beating on it just a 4th gear roll on then about 4500-5000 boom bang crunch crunch and nascar type smoke out the back.
pulled over lifted the hood to access the carnage, once the smoke cleared everything looked normal EXCEPT the crank pulley was on a 30 degree angle from the rest of the pulleys, reached down and grabbed it-WOW, I could almost pull the crank out by hand thru the front or whatever is left of the crank,
I lay down beside the car for the dreaded look under- besides the 2 dime sized holes in the bottom front of the pan I think someone must of beat my oil pan with a ballpean hammer from the inside.
She was a good motor, got lots of smiles from her.
R.I.P.
thanx for the memories.............:crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Didnt you just put this kit on? (Nascar type smoke) lol!
Congrads! Looks like you get to tell the ole lady you need a DART block!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm now a member of the 2 piece stock block club.
The old girl let go yesterday morning on the way to work, I wasn't really beating on it just a 4th gear roll on then about 4500-5000 boom bang crunch crunch and nascar type smoke out the back.
pulled over lifted the hood to access the carnage, once the smoke cleared everything looked normal EXCEPT the crank pulley was on a 30 degree angle from the rest of the pulleys, reached down and grabbed it-WOW, I could almost pull the crank out by hand thru the front or whatever is left of the crank,
I lay down beside the car for the dreaded look under- besides the 2 dime sized holes in the bottom front of the pan I think someone must of beat my oil pan with a ballpean hammer from the inside.
She was a good motor, got lots of smiles from her.
R.I.P.
thanx for the memories.............:crying::crying::crying:

Just wait for all the idiots to show up in your thread telling you that it would have lasted longer if you had a safer tune on the car:barf:

The fact is, when you are making the kind of power listed in your sig with a stock block, it is not if it will break, but only when it will break.

Welcome to the club, BTW. I made 587rwhp for about 2 years before it gave up the ghost.

qikazz

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congrats! You got pics of the carnage?

I drove on a stock block that made 450rwhp for about a year, then it split while I was on the dyno. The lakewood bellhousing is what kept it from catastrophic failure.

With my new combo, I have a mexican block. I paid for spot on machine work and had it neutral or 'zero' balanced. So far so good, but I know its on borrowed time too, if I start pushing some more power.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Moovs you should clean the empties out shop and I'll help you pull it this weekend :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
forst1-it was a good tune.
Qikazz- you are oh so right, this thing lasted 4 years of good pounding. btw do I have to pay a membership fee.ha ha.
Millhouse do you think you can get me some in a bigger industrial size tube?
Jammer- the empties are there because you came over the night it happened. ok, I had a couple....

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Ok, just saw the news...
Sucks for sure but you proved a major point running the power you did for so long.
It would be cool to do a new setup with a mod motor. Any chance of that happening?
Erich

·
Registered
86 Posts
Let me get this straight.. you got a 2bolt main... non sportsman... non mexican block to got 4 years on 660rwtq..?? wtf is your secret...??

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gtconv91- correct!
I'm in Canada though so it only drives 6 months of the year.
20kmiles or so

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
6 months or no. It is impressive.
It is clearly case of having your tune spot on and only actual metal fatigue (or caps walking etc.) led to the breakage.
What will the new setup be??????
Erich

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not sure.doing alot of thinking,
I would like around 1000rwhp with total smoothness and drivability.
obviously I will have to think this one out.
oh- it will be a turbo set-up!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just wait for all the idiots to show up in your thread telling you that it would have lasted longer if you had a safer tune on the car:barf:

qikazz
No, it would have lasted longer if he had had a Vally Girdle Pro.:lol:

Jess

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't really know whats all broke. haven't got the time right now to rip it out.
one of the holes thru the pan has the end of a main stud sticking thru it.
I just hope the heads made it.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Yeah, hopefully everything went down instead of banging up on the heads.
Erich

1 - 20 of 21 Posts