Ford Mustang Forums banner

Newer seats for 99-04

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  lwarrior1016 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone has found some newer style factory type seats that will fit 99-04? I searched with no luck. I don't like recaro or any of the aftermarket seats. For daily driving not track use. Just feel like some more comfortable, power, maybe air conditioned, better condition seating might renew some of my love for the car. Some messing around with anchor points to be expected but hopefully nothing too crazy.

#2 ·
I mean if I could take 2017 seats and bolt them in that would be ideal. But I'm sure that won't work. I'm sure as far as powering it I can figure that out.

#3 ·
I put in Coyote seats in mine but I went through a LOT of fab work to do it. There are brackets that allow you to bolt them in and people give them good reviews but after all the fab I did I can't imagine how the brackets actually work and how the seats sit in the car.
If you have a welder and don't mind some work it can be done with manual seats.

I have a few pics on my website:

The newer seats are a lot wider than the stock type seats and they just barely fit to clear the door and the tunnel.
ks

#8 ·
I can't see the site from my work computer. I'll have to try another time.

#7 ·
I was looking there which is what got me back into looking for options again.

I have some power/heated seats I pulled from a 2016 charger R/T and are very comfortable. They are actually extremely close in size every which way. I have been planning on getting new leather for them and selling the set, but after comparing the size, I'm very much debating trying to use the fronts in my mustang. Would be a lot of work but I believe I could just supply 12v and wire in a toggle for the heated pad controls easy enough. Could be a fun winter project.

#9 ·
Well I went ahead and got the new leather from leatherseats.com for the charger seats I had lol. Just about finishing up now, it was a lot of work. They sit a little higher but not bad for me at 5' 8". Of course this lead to new carpet. And new center console for the newer style... and shifter. etc. :)

#11 ·
I did the TMI skins and foams in my old 98GT. I have pics posted on here somewhere. I didn't have a lot of money at the time so it was just the vinyl skins. I wouldn't ever do vinyl again because of how vinyl wears over time but for the next 2 years I had the car they looked great. Not hard at all to do, just takes patience. Where I am now there is no way I can have seats shipped out without ridiculous costs so it will be TMI if I decide to replace my seats in this car even tho the GT seats are in great shape.

#13 ·
So here's the new seats done. I know the leather could be tighter but this is as good as it gets for me. The plastic clips kind of suck. But hey heated seats and power driver seat with power back rest now... ;) pictures kind of suck inside my garage. I'll have to take some more next time it's outside. It's actually a really good match although the rears look darker they are not. Also changed the carpet and got some Lloyd's floor mats.

#16 ·
Yes, had to do some creative hardware mods but basically fit to stock mounting location.

#17 ·
I took some more pics outside the other day but not with the seat far back. It can go almost all the way to the back seat lol. The only problem I have is it feels like the rear should be higher but I think I can make that happen.

I'm short at 5'8" and need to put it forward quite a bit to reach the clutch. I had my friend who is 6'2" try it out and he liked it. He could have slid it way back further from where it was comfortable for him.

Reactions: lwarrior1016
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.