Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong place/section or i shoulda searched, but does anyone know of any auto-X tracks around Hagerstown or Fredrick MD? I've been looking into auto-X and as much as i like Drag Racing, something a bit longer than ~10-13seconds would be enjoyable as well, also just branching out into different autosports.

Oh and what would you guys say your anual or even monthly expense for Auto-X is? including tires/ track fees etc etc? How often do u go.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
You can also go to myautoevents (dot com) (I don't have enough posts to list a URL) and search out different venues of racing from autox to HPDEs to Rallys, etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh and what would you guys say your anual or even monthly expense for Auto-X is? including tires/ track fees etc etc? How often do u go.
Thanks.
This will vary at lot depending on car prep and tires.

At the bottom end, just add up the entry fees (and maybe an SCCA membership). Turn up with your daily driver exactly as-is and have fun. You'll end up replacing tires a bit more often, but that's about it.

At the top end are people who spend mega-$s on car mods, have a tow vehicle and trailer, drive around the country staying in hotels, and buy multiple sets of autox-specific tires per year.

My annual expenses are:

1) $800/year for a new set of low end R-compound tires
2) $100 for tire mounting and flipping
2) Annual SCCA membership
3) Sum of event fees

Over a period of a few years, I've probably spent $1500-$2000 on assorted car mods and other stuff related to autoxing. I've bought a lot of stuff used, like extra wheels for the autox tires.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
You can also check out the forum FAQ's at the top of the page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts