Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am a fabricator that is building a 92 Fox for a friend of mine and he purchased two 76mm On3 turbos from ebay. Let me explain the combo before asking the question, 347 cu in. twisted wedge raised port heads. Dart block. CSU Blow thru carb. Jesel shaft rockers. Turbo 400. PT1000 liquid to air intercooler. 2 HKS 50 mm wastegates. custom headers. ams 1000 boost controller. This car is being built to handle big power so this brings me to my question... Has anyone maxed these turbos out? how much boost will they make? has anyone ever run twins? anyone run a liquid to air before? any info would be very helpful. thanks
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Sorry but why would u put the cheapest turbos out there on such a nice build. Your in uncharted terriorty there good luck

·
Registered
747 Posts
ya i have an On3 kit but if i had a budget like yours i would buy a turbonetics BB turbo or something more fitting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we originally ordered these turbos strickly for mockup due to the fact that turbo tecnology is moving along so quickly with billet wheels and ceramic ball bearings that if we ordered the precision 76mm turbos now by the time the car was done they would be sooooo last month. I honestly think that these may be a better street turbo. obviously they will not maximize this combo but if they make 15 psi this thing could make 800hp (with $300.00 turbos) pretty cool right?

·
Registered
30 Posts
we originally ordered these turbos strickly for mockup due to the fact that turbo tecnology is moving along so quickly with billet wheels and ceramic ball bearings that if we ordered the precision 76mm turbos now by the time the car was done they would be sooooo last month. I honestly think that these may be a better street turbo. obviously they will not maximize this combo but if they make 15 psi this thing could make 800hp (with $300.00 turbos) pretty cool right?
They'll do that no problem. Its how long they'd last at high boost levels is what id like to see. They're not the most efficient, but they'll do 800hp on that setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts