Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, checked on a couple threads but couldnt get a direct answer to my questions, i've had handfulls of fox's over the years but i want to upgrade and buy a b&g kit, heard the quality of the kit, and its popularity lately is amazing, every one seems happy with these setups
well here goes, im no stranger to high horsepower cars, was wondering about what stage kit to purchase, and also what size turbo, an also any upgrades might work best to my advantage, i have a 92 with lightly modded shortblock, afr heads and a systemax intake.... i do alot of driving in this vehicle, to and from work 4 days a week total of 30 miles round trip, but i do the local cruise thing and track once in a great while, what would be ideal for this kind of application.... very open to your opinions, im new to the turbo scene, all it took was one 5 min ride in a friends car and i was hooked

·
Registered
382 Posts
stock block? How much power are you wanting? I believe most people get the stage I with the t70. That should support well over 500.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the more power the better.....lol no for now its gotta stay streetable, temporarilly till i find a more lodgical everyday driver. but i'd like to order this soon, just want to get the right setup..... something somewhat reliable and fun, ..... the car runs mid 12's now, but that aint enough, i got bit by this turbo bug

·
Registered
222 Posts
they're baseline kit is what I just got, it will make plenty of power. Enough to split you block anyway. Came with the mp70

·
Registered
736 Posts
basic kit is all you need, will make plenty of block splitting power. get you some 42's, maf, and a pump and ride

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
+2 for what everyone else said the kit is great the t70 is more than enough. Just get the above equipment and get it tuned then go out and have some fun

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is all intailed with the tune, like what do they do to the car to tune it, i have a 255 lph pump now, that should be enough, or do i need something more.. maf/injectors are not a problem, how reliable would this kit be , if the bottom end was built right, on an everyday car, only reason i ask is because there's plenty of cars and trucks on the roads these days that come with turbos from the factory..... and they seem to be reliable ....ive had alot of fox's, had a couple blowers, paxton sn95. had a vort s- trim, and honestly, id never use a blower ever again , ive had fully built motors that were more fun and faster than the blower cars i had, and didnt break something everytime i took it for a ride

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
as for the tune someone can make you a chip. or you can go the way alot of us go and that is standalone. i went with Megasquirt and works very well and pretty easy to tune . What you will really need to dial in is your Fuel and spark so you will def need a Wideband to do that. With a turbo car i also recomend EGT gauge as well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well good news i spoke to bri from b& g and he spent like an hour on the phone with me, be broke it all down, glad to say he helped me out a great deal , for now looks like im doing the stage 1 kit with the mp t70, just need to look into and try to understand the tune side of things like wide band, and some kind of controller, all that is a foreign language to me, like me some people are so stuck in there old ways, new age technology has been around for quite some time, looks as if i need to hit the books.... any suggestions....

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just keep reading on here and search for the topics that you want to learn about. The info on here is endless. have fun

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
yeah keep reading and check out the Megasquirt area here to read up on it. But def get a wideband you will want to know what your afr is under boost. but until you get a tune i would just lock out the dizzy at 15 or 16 degrees and bump up the fuel pressure

1 - 16 of 16 Posts