Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all boost referenced fuel pressure regulators have to be run with aftermarket lines and an6 fittings? Is there not one that just takes the place of the stock or close to stock one? I have been searching this for a while today and I don't get it. Seems like an dumb question to me but can someone explain this to me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a Kirban boost referenced regulator that mounts right on the fuel rail in place of the stocker. It's a rising-rate regulator that increases fuel pressure 1# for every pound of boost....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm guessing the main difference between the aftermarket ones and the stocker is the fact that they're adjustable.

·
4,305 Posts
I'm guessing the main difference between the aftermarket ones and the stocker is the fact that they're adjustable.
The only reason you would maybe need that is if you were tuning the car yourself without any electronic aids. So had bigger injectors and propery MAF for them and were getting things dialed in without something like a PMS or custom chip. But even that is a big maybe in my book.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts