Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to wish all you a happy Holiday and great New Year.

I know I don't post much, but I'm here every Day reading and learning. I thought it might be Fun to start a thread on New Years Resolutions for our cars.

My New Years Resolutions :

1)- Install my new 8.8 rear .

2)- Rebuild the Traction-Lok in new rear.

3)-Thanks to MM, Get my Brake setup right,which means getting rid of those 73mm calipers & going back to 60mm fronts to match the Turbo Coupe Rears and installing their Cobra Master Cly, Brake line Kit, Hawk Pads & Caliper Sleeves.

4)- Installing my New Deal of the Day MM LCA's !

5)-Getting the Nut behind the wheel more auto-X seat time.

P.S. : MFE, I'm pretty sure you posted a great right up on how you rebuilt your Traction-Loc and I can't find it anywhere. I have the factory Manual, but I'd like your incite as well.

Take care all,
Scott Peters

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've got a few of things on the To Do list.

1. Get more seat time. This is the only one that I think is really a resolution.

2. Install my torque arm.

3. Make front bumper mounting plates to better direct air into my front brake ducts and re-route the hose.

3. Put in the new radiator and make sure everything is squared up correctly allowing for proper movement.

4. Re-do my headliner for more head (helmet) room, I've got a sunroof so the headliner is odd.

5. The fuel filter sitting on my desk doesn't make a good paper weight, it needs to be put on the car.

I could go on and on...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Happy Holidays back at everyone, I don't post much as well, do more reading.
My 91 GT is in process, the 8.8 is completly rebuilt, with a Detroit Truetrac, 3:73's, converted to Cobra discs, new calpipers, S/S lines and park brake cables to the handle and Torque Box reinforcements.

1. Install the MM PHB that's still in the box ( got cold on me here in MI.)
2. Following # 1 install the MM coilovers that should arrive next week.
3. Order up the Glen's Performance Sleeper fuel system and install
4. Finish installing the Classic Tube brake lines sitting in the box.
5. Start buying stuff for the front suspension and brakes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
1. install pile of parts (LCAs, PHB, front COs, some bushings...)
2. stop sucking at driving

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Replace tires
Wear tires out
Replace tires
Repeat

At least they'll be going on something nice instead the ol' Mustang knock off stuff this go 'round...

·
US Army Active Duty
2,433 Posts
Mine:

Get some good dampers on the car (have some Bil's for the front to get rebuilt, just need some Bil's or Koni SA for the rear)

Freshen the front brakes

New tires... after this year I'll likely be running a separate wheel/tire combo just for autocrosses :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
1) Get the rest of my crap from Texas up to Boston.
2) Auto-x with the Massachusetts crowd.
3) Get a passenger seat installed.
4) Rebuild the posi.
5) Get aluminum heads and install them.
6) Get adjustable lower rear control arms OR rear coilover setup.
7) replace T-5 syncros.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
First on my list is to fix and sell the wife's mazda 3. Damn thing tore up when I didn't have time to deal with it so I had to trade my Z06 in on something for her to drive.

Next is to put the 3V engine together that has been collecting dust in the garage and try to get it in my 99 GT.

That's as far ahead as I can think at my age.

·
Registered
296 Posts
1. Install my Griggs GR40 suspension that I have been collecting piece by piece since spring.

2. Alot more seat time auto-xing and getting more involved with our local auto-x group.

·
Banned
359 Posts
My road race/open track new year's resolution is to replace all the rubber in my 01 Cobra's IRS with Urethane. The IRS upper,lower control arms, IRS subframe will all be upgraded with urethane. Install a IRS bump steer kit and then proceed to bump steer the IRS system.

·
Registered
488 Posts
1. Make it back to the Solo Nationals
2. Run enough Pros to qualify for the finale
3. Get new springs/dampers under my daughter's '02 GT
4. FINISH MY SUNBEAM TIGER...needs plumbing/wiring/trim...been sitting 9 months since I got the drivetrain back in. :crying:
5. Enjoy life, whenever possible :)

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Try to get the stroker in; finish the rear end (trac-loc rebuild, new LPW cover); replace non-adjustable with adjustable RLCAs; while motor is out install MM K-member and arms. That list is more than I think I can do in a single year, so I may do some smaller projects that have been lurking at the edges just so I can say I accomplished something. Oh, and when the 86 is back on the road, invest in some more driving schools.

·
Registered
574 Posts
1. Install/get installed my newly aquired TA and SFCs
2. ... the above requires modification of the x-pipe so it's forcing me to move to long tube headers and a new x-pipe so that I only have to do it once, so I need to obtain those
3. Have all this ready to go by April so that I'm not sitting out another season with parts installs, moving, etc., etc.
4. Finally get to run the Toyo Proxes RA1s that I've had sitting in the basement for two years already
5. Financial stretches include obtaining a new set of wheels and tires so that I can run 17X9 or bigger wheels and 275 or bigger tires at all times instead of relying on old, mismatched street rubber when it rains (which occured my only two events this year)
6. 5 will probabaly force me to get shorter axles/rear brake mounting plates and a new torque sensing diff so that I can use wider wheels and have the same offset front to rear (funny how one thing always begets 3 or more others)
7. The huge stretch would be to get the wife to agree that a 2012 Boss 302 is a good idea (while keeping the Fox)....probably not gonna happen.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Simple:
  1. Make more race weekends than I did last year.
  2. Break fewer parts than last year.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
579 Posts
-Fix oil pan leak.
-Correct rear axle and toe (did you know these things bend over time?) (done)
-Add more adjustment angle for 3rd link
-Get aluminum carrier for 9 inch.
-Fix bodywork that got torn up from cones and was hastily mounted.
-Redo exhaust system with bigger mufflers and smaller pipe to have less trouble with National Sound testing.

DaveW

1 - 20 of 30 Posts