Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a few passes on the car I just built, converter is REAL tight, so I can't build a ton of boost on the line, I'm literally standing on the brakes to hold it back.

This is my first turbo car, so don't flame me too hard on my starting line skills....lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fDDgXtvK3U

Once I get on C16, we'll start making some power, the car only has 6 passes on it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, should be fun once I get everything sorted out.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Dude very nice. Car goes really straight! That is a low 9 sec car when the converter gets fixed! What converter are you using?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
very nice ride and ets you have there..what's your combo you have in it?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry guys, I'm not getting notification of reply's from here.

Converter wasn't the issue, it was ignorance on my part, too much to learn in a very small timeframe, builds boost fine now.

It's a 331, IE Block, AFR 205's, Custom Solid Roller, PG trans, UCC converter, PT-88 Precision Turbo, Custom A/W intercooler under the dash, and yes, there is still room for a passenger, I'm 6' and fit very comfortably in the pass seat.

I have the brake bias pretty close to where I need it to hold the car, these Wilwood's are earning there keep, that's for sure. Fighting suspension issue's now, I can't launch with more than 4 #'s of boost or it blows the hides off. Weight transfer is bad, changing struts and rear springs tomorrow.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude very nice. Car goes really straight! That is a low 9 sec car when the converter gets fixed! What converter are you using?
Thanks, and I've been told it's a mid to low 8 car when it's all said and done.

Hopefully, they are right, cause I'll be very upset if it isn't, although I may have to go to slicks to get there on our local tracks. :shakehead

1 - 11 of 11 Posts