Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I put the new tranny in this weekend. It's a 4r70w case with 4r75 hard parts, preformance clutches, lentech valve body with transbreak, and a 3600 stall non lockup converter.

I can't believe I thought my car was fast before this tranny!

It's nuts how fast it is leaving off the brake. After hooking and getting into second I look in the mirror and can't beleve how far I am from where I just launched.

The only issue I'm having is a kinda hard manual down shift into first at slow/no speed. It don't feel like a problem it just engages into first with a slight jolt.

Quick video of transbreak.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/Robs26reef/1341796216.mp4

Robert

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Neither my C4 or my current glide really like being shifted into first at any speed. I usually wait until I am close to stopped to downshift.

The glide takes it a step further and is kinda rough up shifting if you aren't into the throttle enough.

Sounds like a nice setup you put together.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Only shift to 1st when stop. Don't be boosting in front of garage lol and defiantly not when you have almost empty gas . Congrats on the auto !!!!!

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I knew I'd take some heat for not having a road in front of me lol The gauge don't work.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
^ I have done it few time in front of garage ;)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Was wondering what tranny you had before the upgrade ?

I have heard the Lentech valvebody has the best brake in the business, sounds like its true.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a stock 4r70. I broke it internally. I Haven torn it down so I don't know what broke but it happend at the 1-2 shift and got stuck in first.

I do like this tranny, I'm very happy with it. It's going to take some getting used to. It's kind weird putting it in drive and driving normely, it kinda feels like I'm in 3ed the whole time. But I know it's going through gears but it's not very noticeable (rpm wise)

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
295 Posts
I basically have the same tranny...Different manufacturer of valve body...I love mine. Congrats have fun with it....

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
builds boost quick! Sounds good! I bet it flys.

Robert
Best to date 10.2 at 126 running out of gear around 1200ft mark cause of 3.73 gear, have not have a change to do good run now after I change to 3.27 gear. Car pulls alot harder with 3.27 gear. I built my 4r70w with pa transbrake full manual valve body and ptc custom converter.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
did a trans brake stall IN the garage once..... always liked to pull it up on the brake, release the T-brake and foot brake it quick in order to hear the engine just freak out for a split second.... well, my luck ran out one night when my foot was slick with some garage-born fluid slipped off the brake..... goodbye front bumper cover,,,,, workbench took one for the idiot team as well... the wife still tells this story among friends, LOL.... yeah, not a good idea if you like your radiator, trans cooler, intercooler, your buddy's shins, etc.... dont t-brake your ride under boost in your house!

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it hooking up? whats your rear tire and susp. combo?
Not like I'd like. Rear suspension is stock and 295/35/18. Still a ton of things on the to do list.

Yea I won't be messing around without room to run anymore.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
You guys going off everything the converter has?

I remember reading about a guy killing people at a race for doing the TB in front of another trailer. Something went wrong drove right into it. You have to do it on jackstands at most tracks for safety.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've only used the brake twice. First time I just spun, the second time I only built like 2psi that's the time it hooked and went.

I won't be messing around anymore with it.

Robert

1 - 17 of 17 Posts