Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New best 13.65 @ 99.53, barely better, and a 2.06 60', my 60' time weren't all that great, that was the best of the night and I have my new 245/45 nittos. Any Ideas on what could be the problem? what pressure should I run at?

Also, the entire night My trap speeds were like 98-99ish when they used to be up 101-102ish, only thing I have changed is my X-pipe from a Bassani to a Magnaflow both with cats, and took out my densecharger, Would that be enough to make that kind of difference?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've heard you really got to heat the Nitto's up to make them grip well...The BFG's don't need as much of a burnout as the Nitto's...Try giving them a second or 2 more on your burn out...

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Mike,
Let me guess, you ran at IRP, right?? If so, I'm SURE thats why your 60's weren't all that great on DR's. Do a 2nd gear burnout at the end of the waterbox, and after the tires start to smoke, let them go for about 4-5 seconds longer, and then power out of the waterbox. I launched from around 3000 or so RPM, and got a 1.825 60' at US41. My MPH went down also. I had a best of 99.98 on 4 passes with the DR's. I've gotten as high as 102.38 at IRP running against you, and that was BEFORE my 4.10's and a few other mods. My car has some tuning issues at the least. Hope to have those solved sometime soon though.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey there,

Heat em up! Also try lowering the pressure... I typically run 12 to 15psi depending on the track conditions in Nittos when I use them. Best 60' 1.83 .. Start high..and work your way down.

Have fun!

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 Subaru WRX

·
Registered
134 Posts
15 PSI

Heat them baby's up!!!!!!!! by doing a second gear burn out.

I launch my cobra at 4000 with 4.30's no problem, it actualy bogged last time.

Best short time 1.88, but the tire have more in them.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
17 to 19 works best with my 96 cobra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts