13.63 @ 103.10 w/ a 2.09 60' time

run 3: its a pretty good run, but i only launched at 3000 and
didnt get that great a 60' time
13.39 @ 103.05 w/ a 1.88 60' time

run 4: i iced down the intake and made some adjustments to
extender and apparenty they worked pretty good
13.26 @ 104.55 w/ a 1.87 60' time

run 5: i made another adjustment on the extender and iced the
intake down again. adjustments worked again!!
13.209 @ 104.76 w/ a 1.85 60' time

run 6: i made yet another adjustment to the extender and iced
the hell out of the intake and launched @ 5000 w/ no
spinning!! one hell of a run, and my 1st. 12 sec. pass!!!!
12.97 @ 104.96 w/ an ungodly 1.72 60' time

Mods are in my sig. and after i get my suspension setup and a dynotune, and a new lightweight battery, I really expect to see some 12.70's @ 106 once everything is in order. I could of pulled off a 105mph but the track was closing!!

Ive been trying to do this for quite a while and now i finally did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy am i happy!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Great times!

I like to see cars with stock engines run good times.

BTW, I'm kinda in the dark on the EFI stuff. I have a 1990LX with a stock engine. How much would adding a 75mm MA and maybe a 65mm TB help? I've ported the heads on the exhaust, added 1 5/8 shorties, 3.55s, and an offroad pipe. My best time before the headers and head porting was a 13.99 @ 99 mph. That was on regular radials.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the pro-m maf's they have always worked very good for me. As far as the throttle body, u wont see much hp w/ it.
good luck

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New updates:

went to the track on sun. and ran 106mph twice. This car just keeps amazing me!! 106mph out of the stock longblock in a heavy azz sn-95. I know the car is capable of 12.70 @ 107+ the way it sits.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I have some weight reduction done, like passenger seat, smog & egr crap, jack, spare, & some other small stuff.

I have a ??? for Kevin$$ if he happens to read this:
What would u reccomend for pinion angle w/ my setup?? I have whats in my sig. plus I have some double adjustable uppers on the way w/ the spherical end, and i will use my stock bushing on the other end. I have the car lowered to just above the tires in the front and rear. I really dont understand how the car hooks up becasue its stiff as hell, the front of my car only rises maybe an inch if that on a 5000 rpm launch on drag radials and i get no spin.
and i dont mean an inch off the ground, i mean and inch total. And the rear dosent even move. I have the 90/10 & 50/50's along w/ a removed front sway bar. Do u think i should remove the rear swaybar?? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!:D

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
gmkillr said:
No, I have some weight reduction done, like passenger seat, smog & egr crap, jack, spare, & some other small stuff.

I have a ??? for Kevin$$ if he happens to read this:
What would u reccomend for pinion angle w/ my setup?? I have whats in my sig. plus I have some double adjustable uppers on the way w/ the spherical end, and i will use my stock bushing on the other end. I have the car lowered to just above the tires in the front and rear. I really dont understand how the car hooks up becasue its stiff as hell, the front of my car only rises maybe an inch if that on a 5000 rpm launch on drag radials and i get no spin.
and i dont mean an inch off the ground, i mean and inch total. And the rear dosent even move. I have the 90/10 & 50/50's along w/ a removed front sway bar. Do u think i should remove the rear swaybar?? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!:D
I got your PM. Sorry I didn't get back sooner I have been trying to finish customizing my truck for the FFW Houston trip.
I would set the PA around 2*-3*. I wouldn't remove the sway bar but you could always try it and see how it works. Since it hooks so well make small changes because you don't want to mess anything up:)

hth's
ks:)

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kevin$, Thanks for the reply man. Is that negative 2-3 degrees?? Im pretty sure thats what you meant but just wanted to double check.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
If you consider negative to be pointing down then Yep:)

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks a ton buddy!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts