Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a fox with a on3 70mm kit. I believe the turbo went bad has a lot of smoke think the turbo seals went bad, what’s a good turbo to replace it with? Been looking at vs racing turbos maybe the gt45 China turbo this is no show car it’s gonna be a summer beater do burnouts have fun. And I need to get it tuned how do I go forth with that assuming it’s a a9l ecu do I go with sct chip and get it tuned or what’s out there looking to do it somewhat cheap like I said not a show or race car. Just wanna make 400-450 hp and beat the brakes off it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The Chinese turbos are pretty hit and miss. I personally would go for a name brand unit. As far as tuning, an Anderson series iv PMS would be good for a daily driver, people even have great success with them in high hp applications.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i had no problems out of the godspeed turbo i bought off of ebay for a eclipse project a few years back. It replaced another brand chinese ebay turbo that broke and sent compressor wheel shards into the engine.....

Moates quarter horse with binary editor for cheap tuning. alittle over 400 for the software license and board.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I agree with the moates Quarterhorse. I would prefer it over anything else (assuming we're still using the factory computer). It just has a pretty steep learning curve compared to the ancient Anderson PMS.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
It you want a budget turbo try to find a used Master power T70 or T76. Or look at Magnum turbos. If your gonna go name brand you can’t beat something precision, turbonectics, borg Warner. Even holset.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Magnum makes a very nice turbo. If you can get a new one for around 500-600 then that's a good deal. Used, obviously a little cheaper.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm not sure the china GT45 will fit in an on3 kit on a fox. My magnum nearly touches the alternator pully and the GT45's are bigger.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just purchased a fox with a on3 70mm kit. I believe the turbo went bad has a lot of smoke think the turbo seals went bad, what’s a good turbo to replace it with? Been looking at vs racing turbos maybe the gt45 China turbo this is no show car it’s gonna be a summer beater do burnouts have fun. And I need to get it tuned how do I go forth with that assuming it’s a a9l ecu do I go with sct chip and get it tuned or what’s out there looking to do it somewhat cheap like I said not a show or race car. Just wanna make 400-450 hp and beat the brakes off it. Thanks

Make sure your oil return is sufficient.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Any updates? Which turbo did you purchase?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts