Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some parts that i have either had from previous cars or have traded for, or that have been given to me. I am wanting to build a good street-able car with around 400+ rwhp. I'll list the parts that I have and would just like to know if it will work for what I would like to build. This will be going in a 93 coupe. Also I would like to know what quarter mile times I could look for if i where to take it to the track. Any help would be appreciated.

* fresh 306 bottom end, used summit rebuild kit with forged piston and stock rods and crank
* 70 model 351w heads
* trick flow stage 2 cam
* trick flow r series intake
* 60 lb injectors
* 3.55 gear
*aod with 3500 stall and manual valve body
* basic on 3 turbo kit with 70 mm turbo

·
Registered
73 Posts
U slap a turbo on a stock block with all stock parts and make enough power to split a block.. With ur combo and a good tune 400 hp is like pissing into the wind.. Feels good but u still end up wet.. Lol

U have more than enough for ur needs..u can be at low boost 8-10 pounds a make 400.. But ur better off startin with a better block,and def rods.. Crank wouldnt be a bad idea either.. Then when ur tired of 400 hp u canturn it up with less worry..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't verify a HP number we have made with stock motor cars but we have been mid 10s multiple times with less then what your listing.... Get a PMS if your looking to stay on the less expensive side... Or Holley,big stuff,fast.. If you want to spend a few bucks.... I can not stress how a good tuning device makes all the difference in the world..... We went 10.8s in a full weight gt with a completely stock 302 100k+ motor for over 2 years... Car would still be together today if the shotty waste gate didn't rust shut when he didn't drive the car for a month.... Made 22psi haha cracked in 6 spots :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts