Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys be gentle. I plan to run a Novi 1000 which I have already purchased. I would like to run it without a FMU. What parts do I need to purchase to eliminate using a FMU. Injector size etc. I do plan to get the car tuned after the install. GT40 orginal style intake, GT40 heads (3Bar). This is my starting configuration. Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Any 42# inj should do. Your fuel pump will need to be a 340lph. A little over kill but the same price. Your maf will need upgraded. You can find a lightning maf for cheap or buy a known aftermarket with a known curve. You will need a quarter horse and software. a chip is fine but you will at your tuners mercy.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
True seimens deka injectors, 80# just because of great controll across the board, and can keep up with some major fuel demands. An Anderson PMS would probably be ok for your setup, it's dated to beat hell but is pretty easy to use, with it, you'll need a map sensor. Binary editing devices are far superior, but come with a steep, and sometimes discouraging learning curve.

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
What parts do I need to purchase to eliminate using a FMU. Injector size etc.
You will need larger injectors. I would ask your tuner and see what he/she recommends. You didn't mention your MAF size or fuel pump size but I'm going to assume there both sized properly to support your engine setup/HP (GT40 intake and cylinder heads).

Personally, I don't recommend any fuel pump larger than 190lph when used with the stock fuel pump hanger return line. If you extend the return line you won't have a problem with aerated fuel.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ium8jf4Jm04

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lEYD5-plOUs

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
This info is awesome...... making parts list.
You don't need a parts list. Ask your Tuner which injectors he/she recommends and modify your stk. fuel pump hanger return line....that's it, providing your other associated parts (MAF and fuel pump) are sufficient for your setup.

Good luck
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I plan to do.... making a list of the items I need to upgrade..... just getting started....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
No list will certainly come to failure. I f your tuner has limited experience with your combo you will suffer. If your tuner has this little experience I would go elsewhere.

On that note pick and inj. and maf with known values. This will make your tuners life easy and your wallet. A good tuner will have a lot of info on your inj. data and maf if you use known parts. Your combo will only support so much power. so buy parts that will support iit or more. Bigger will suffer some on a lower hp car but will support future mods. Choose wise for yoyur dollar. there are no wrong answers if the parts will work today and later.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm installing a V3 SI on my coupe right now. Its stock engine with exhaust. I'm using Siemens Deka 60s, SCT BA 3000, UPR power pipe, Walboro 255 and upgraded wiring. You will also need a smog pump or smog pump delete kit, possibly a pig tail depending on what MAF you use, and MAF adapter with filter. My stock PCM will be tuned with quarter horse.

I decided to let my tuner tell me what supporting components he wanted to use. (Injectors, MAF, pump) Mine are overkill but I wont need to upgrade them in future when I do HCI.

Don't forget the little stuff such as a gallon of coolant, upper to lower intake gasket (for when you change the injectors), possibly a serpentine belt depending on your configuration now, colder spark plugs (I'm using autolite 24s), tools like fuel line disconnects and a solder gun if you need to do some wiring. Also if your blower is oil fed, you need to tap the oil pan so make sure you have the correct tap and some heavy grease.

You will likely need a ignition upgrade as well since you already have some engine mods. Check out MSD boxes to increase spark and get a fresh set of wires, new cap and rotor.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am getting ready to install a V3 Si on a completely stock engine in a 76k mile 91 LX. My parts list consists of the following:

Anderson Ford Series 4 PMS
Green top Lightning 42 pound injectors
Pro-M 80mm
Kirban 1:1 regulator
Walbro 255 lph pump
UPR dual bearing smog pump delete
UPR Boost pipe

I already did a tune up on it; fuel filter, cap, rotor, plugs and wires - I will be installing Autolite 24’s with the blower.

I have an MSD Digital 6 plus and HVC II coil to install as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my Novi 1000 has turned into a Vortech S trim build. I was not happy with the Novi headunit I received so I bought a Vortech instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts