Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a E trim on my cobra. Today after being in boost for a while I pull into my driveway and there is smoke coming from under my car. Then I lift my hood and smoke is coming from the back of the engine. Did not smell like clutch, it was black. What could it be??

Oh, is it normal for SC car engine bays to get really hot!! Good Lord. My fan is on High never been on high before.

Sorry if these questions stupid. But this is the frist time having a SC car.

Can you guys tell me some other things that I should expect so I don't get worried about it.

Thanx

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I have no idea about the black smoke, but I can tell you from experience that running with a blower will indeed make your car run hotter, especially when under boost. Unless of course you're running intercooler/aftercooler/NOS/Alky or water injection to cool the discharge temps down.

Perhaps some oil was spilled and that is where the smoke is coming from? Take a good hard look all over the engine for oil and also all underneath the car for signs of oil, paying very special attention to the back part of the engine near the transmission.

Good luck,
Tim

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply

I just went out and looked again. I noticed Tranny fluid on the ground. Could it be burning of the tranny. Never seen that before. I can't explain the smell. Its not oil or coolant. I don't know.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just drove to work about 15 miles, no boost. Was not smoking as much. Looks like its coming from around the Cat tranny area. I'm going to jack it up when I get home.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Possibly too much boost caused it to lean out and blow a head gasket? Not sure without you looking though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts