Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am back in the Mustang game after a 20 year hiatus. Bought a Saleen S-351R, now with a 383 and a T-trim.

Car makes about 650 hp to the wheels, and 680 ft lbs. about 2000 miles on the motor (fully built and forged)

On to my questions, that I welcome any and all advice.

The car is currently tuned with a meth injection system, which makes me a bit nervous. I don’t see any sort of failsafe, so failure of the pump or other component would likely end badly.

I’d like to reduce any potential failure modes, so looking for advice:

1) I could have the car retuned to drop timing and just not use the meth. Right now the car runs 13lbs with 8.7 compression (blower pistons) so I would think dropping timing would allow it to run 13lbs safely.

2) I have been looking at a meth injection “failsafe” but honestly not sure how they work. Would the failsafe “talk” to the MSD and pull timing? Does it somehow use the diverter valve to drop boost?

3) Any other ideas that I could use to make the setup less prone to single point failures?

The tuner I would use is booked for a few months, so to be safe I was thinking about using some of that Race Gas Concentrate to bump the 93 octane pump gas. But, if I did that, would having meth injection on top of what would be higher octane gas be an issue? Would it affect the current tune / performance?

Final question, on this car, the methanol injection point is BEFORE the blower, to the meth goes through the Vortech. Is this common? I googled it and can’t find much info.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
what's being used to tune the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SCT Chip on a Wideband dyno. I did ask the tuner to read the chip’s tune right now to see how aggressive the timing is, but apparently SCT chips cannot be read by anyone other than the laptop that originated it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts