Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well never messed with it before and I've got a bit of a problem:
I drive a '98 Cobra VERT and am running 335/30/18's out back on Saleen 10.5" wheels.

All I had to do was roll the fenders, flip the quads and bang in some of the fender well- no spacers- looks great.

My problem is that I am lowered on H&R SS springs, and it looks great and is fine for normal driving.............. BUT now with the MMR900.......... juice....... up coming Boost and just installed 4.10's = launching/ getting on it is me rubbing on the fenders.

Need something for the rear thats firm and will work at the strip.

Still have stock shocks all around and am not in a position at this time do do a whole suspension revamp (k member, control arms, etc.) (BTW why do people replace there control arms anyway? weight?)
What do you suggest (besides loosing the mamoth tires)
Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's very hard to get a lowered car to dook at all at the strip. They look awesome, but they are not good for drag racing. You could look into some adjustable height rear shock mounts or maybe swap springs in the rear before you go to the track.

The reason people replace the rear control arms is to reduce flex and increase stability in the rear suspension. The factory ones are stamped metal. Hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
yea lowering springs kills your 60

1 - 3 of 3 Posts