Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were so many good shops in the San Diego area but I am just not to familiar with the mech shops around here. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well i haven't been here for 2 long, but i like taking my car to Jr's Car Shop, the owner Tommy always takes care of me, and he specializes in 5.0/4.6 mustangs, and his prices are very reasonable, only 50 dollars an hour for labor.
the number is 595-9580, he is in newport news tho, but i live in Va Beach, it is worth the drive for me tho.

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I will call him tomorrow.

Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
tell him that Mike with the 96 red GT told you, MY Stang is there now. getting alot of work done to it.

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey 95GTS, where abouts in Chesapeake are ya? I'd like to check out your car. I'm off rt.17, close to the Portsmouth city line.

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am off Battlefied near the hospital. Let me know. Wouldn't mind seeing your car either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are refering to Jr's Car Shop, he is located on J. Clyde Morris Blvd. at the yorktown/newport news border. in the Rocket Motors Parking Lot.

Ron are you a Mechanic?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Ron,
How much hp do you get on the road? Did you see the thread about trying to get together on the 24th?

95GTS, I live in Great Bridge. Hope you can join us.

Doug

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I plan on joining you guys this Sunday. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Me? A mechanic? :lol: Nah, I don't have the patience and aptitude to be a mechanic. I have to rely on friends and being in debt to be in this hobby.

Hey Doug, how goes it? Hmm, Sunday, eh? The little woman is off that day, so I'll have to whip up a list of honey do's for her to keep busy with while I'm at Hooters.:bs:
What about Saturday if the weather sucks on Sunday?

·
Registered
61 Posts
i think i already have a list of hunny do's made okut for me, saturday i am having a house inspection on this condo i made an offer on, and sundy i think i have to goto fredrickburgs, but should be able togo there and get back in time to meet

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ron,

Sunday or Saturday is good for me. Next we have to decide on a location!. What was that all about off of 64 today near the high rise bridge?
Looked like a multialarm fire in an apartment complex.

Doug

·
Registered
383 Posts
Duckman, where did you get your Magnaflow catback at?

Doug, I've been off since Sunday, so I haven't heard anything.
If it was something big, then it was a good day to be off.
As far as location, maybe we should take a poll and see how many people are coming from what area? Unless we just wanna hit a different one? Wow, I'm thinking about our waitress with the little librarian glasses. BOING!! Oh to be young again,,,or rich! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not yet, but i better have it by then.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ok Folks,
Let's hear the locations being considered. We have 3-4 days so let's give as much time as possible.

Chesapeak -- Hooters on Battlefield
Norfolk -- Hooters on Military Hwy
Va Beach -- Police Hqs at Municipal Center (JK):lol:

Hey Ronnie, I guess a Portsmouth location could
be a restaurant at Ches Square Mall. That is close to Ptown isn't it?

Doug

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey i am up for police HQ if you bailing all the cars out of impound and paying all fine's, otherwise i am thinking hooter's on Military, I might be driving with the g/f in her 2001 Olds Alero, I am gonna kill my warranty Co. they are taking their sweet time in giving the go'ahead so my car can get put back together, but Saturday is still a possibility. and Chris, did ya like my stang.:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts