Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First run with 01 Cobra after live axle swap!!!

OK . . . . .I have a 2001 Cobra with a live axle! Yesterday was my FIRST time at the track after all the mods were done. I got 5 runs in and here are my 2 best runs:

R/T - - - - - .646
60' - - - - -1.782
330 - - - - 5.418
1/8 - - - - 8.452
MPH - - - - 81.52
1000 - - -11.072
1/4 - - - - 13.268
MPH - - - -102.98

R/T - - - - - .553
60' - - - - - 1.759
330 - - - - - 5.422
1/8 - - - - -- 8.443
MPH - - - - - 81.67
1000 - - - 11.036
1/4 - - - - -13.214
MPH - - - - 103.93

Now these are the 2 best of my 5 runs!! Overall my BEST ET was the one above 13.214. My BEST 60' time was 1.753 but had 2 1.759's!! I started launching at 5K and ended up launching at 6K by the end of the day!! I had my ET Streets out back with 12 psi in them and Bogart racing skinnies up front!!

All in all I think these are VERY nice runs considering I have STOCK suspension and STOCK exhaust throughout!!!! In fact the ONLY actual performance mods I have are my ET Streets, 4.56 gears, densecharger(which is causing some problems in the down position) and Steeda Underdrive pullies!! :D

·
Registered
684 Posts
Longtubes, Offroad H or X, and whatever mufflers you want....

Say hello to Mid 12's or better.

Congrats!

Later, Jason

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason - I figured you'd reply!! ;)

Yea, I have a LOT on my list including Hooker LT's, either MAC Prochamber or Dr. Gas(not sure), Magnaflow Magnapack catback most likely, adjustable UCA's, some good LCA's, QA1 12 position adjustable shocks, etc.

OH, an nitrous possibley down the way!!! :D

I will keep everyone updated but am VERY happy with times so far!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a friend with a 99 Cobra: Live Axle, 4.10's, Exhaust, Street Tires that also went 11.0 in the 1000' I'd hate to see how fast that car is with slicks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Desnudo01 said:
I have a friend with a 99 Cobra: Live Axle, 4.10's, Exhaust, Street Tires that also went 11.0 in the 1000' I'd hate to see how fast that car is with slicks!
What he run in the 1/4?? Does he have any other mods because with just those mods in this area there is no way he could hit that!!! :rolleyes: I mean with stock axles and street tires he couldn't launch like I did so his 60' would have been less . . . . with such a lower gear than me he wouldn't pull as hard either!! I am not saying it didn't happen but it seems a little unbelieveable he could run the same time - I would say he might be able to hit 13.5's maybe at sea level and with REALLY good air!!!!

But again I am not sure it just seems a little odd that's all!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
He swapped out the IRS for a live axle w/ 4.10's.. We don't have a 1/4 track near here, it is only 1000' ft. he's on the corral.. I'll show him this post so you can clarify the mods!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Excellent times! Thats really hauling ass with your few mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is accually my GFs car. We dynoed the car bone stock at 287rwhp and 294rwtq. So far I have: BBK cold air intake(the one that goes all the way to the TB), JMS chip, Pro 5.0 shifter w/ tri-ax handle, MSD shift light(6500 pill), tach adapter, special mufflers(a copy of flowmaster two chambers I made from SS), solid rear out of 96 cobra, and 4.10 gears. We are going to the dyno again on the 28th so I'll let you know how it goes. I know it will be at least 310rwhp. Next on my list is BBK long tube headers w/ OR H, then 3550 tranny, then rear end(hopefully it won't snap with the nittos!)

I lanched at 2500 on stock BFGs and spun lightly through first slammed second with a little wheel spin and shifted at around 6600 after the light flashed.

My best run was an 11.08 @ 97mph with a 2.09 60ft. It was pretty consistant backing it up with a 11.11, 11.12, 11.16, 11.18, and a 11.19. Not too bad for a girls car!

I ran once at a 1/4 track last fall to the tune of 13.31 @ 106.25mph(1000ft on that was 11.18) with a crappy 60ft of 2.12.

It also has a 00R hood, saleen front and cervinis rear mid wing. Soon to have polished wheel and nittos...12s, here we come.

·
Registered
372 Posts
That's not bad man!

Your car is a lot like mine, except for mine being a GT. All I've got is gears, tires, and a cold air. No pullies yet though. My track probably hooks a wee bit better than yours, hence my better 60fts, but overall I'd be happy with those times.

Where were you shifting? I think you might be able to pick up a little in the MPH department.

Also, what did you car weigh?

Once again...congrats...

Eric

·
Registered
986 Posts
:evil: OK I drove the car and on my passes this is what happened. 5500 rpm launch and it went 1.75 60'! Then it fell flat all thru 1st and 2nd but at the top of 2nd it came on strong and in 3rd and 4th it kept surging??? I think it has a problem with the compendsator for the speedo! COULD this have an effect on timing or fuel pressure? Almost felt like T/C was on BUT it wasnt! If we can figure this out it will run 12's like it sets!! James C Hensler

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found my timeslip when I got home.

R/T 1.2974 (bye round in shootout, no need in RL)
60 2.1197
330 5.6755
1/8 8.5846
1/8 85.08
1000 11.0863
1000 97.42

I know I could run a 13.1X with these times on these tires, and after drag radials I think 12s should be no problem.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SILVER BULLET2 said:
Hey blackdemonGt you said your running bogart skinnies up front. Did you switch to gt brakes or what did you do to make them fit. Oh ya nice sixty foot.

:D
Unfortunately I borrowed them from Hensler Racing . . .I am unsure what the exact model is but they are the ONLY skinny rim that will clear the Cobra brakes!! So to answer your question I still have the stock Cobra front brakes and these skinnies fit perfectly!!! :D PM Hensler Racing for exact name!!!! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BlitzkriegMS_2 said:
That's not bad man!

Your car is a lot like mine, except for mine being a GT. All I've got is gears, tires, and a cold air. No pullies yet though. My track probably hooks a wee bit better than yours, hence my better 60fts, but overall I'd be happy with those times.

Where were you shifting? I think you might be able to pick up a little in the MPH department.

Also, what did you car weigh?

Once again...congrats...

Eric
What are your 60' times?? Didn't see them in your sig . . .:(

Just like Hensler Racing listed above the car was surging and I strongly believe that when that is fixed it will run high 12's . . . not bad for gears as really my ONLY mod!! :D

I started shifting at 5K, then I jumped to 5,500 and by the end of the day I launched at 6K with my BEST 60' time of the night being a 1.753 . . . however, had 2 launches with exactly 1.759 60' times!!! :) Yea, I don't have a lot of power over stock yet . . I am getting dynoed on April 20th so I'll post then but I am thinking I "might" hit 285rwhp!! I should be able to see at least a 105 or 106 mph with the surging problem fixed . .we'll see!!

I haven't weighed my car yet but I figure with the live axle swap, removal of the backseat, aluminum DS, etc. I probably lost 130lbs. and weight somewhere around 3,300lbs. WITHOUT driver!!

Thanks for the reply!! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BlitzkriegMS_2 said:

Bests are in the 1.70-1.71 range. I average mid 1.7x's when the track is not "optimally" prepped.

Eric
What rear end do you have in there?? I would think with a stock rear end you would break everything on the first pass launching high enough to get 60' times that low!!!! :rolleyes:

Good times though and I will keep trying . . .:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts