Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS, IT WILL HAVE YOUR ANSWERS MORE THAN LIKELY! IF YOU ARE RUNNING A SN95/94 CHASSIS WITH A NON-SN95/94 ENGINE TIMING COVER, THIS IS NOT THE KIT FOR YOU! You will need one of my normal SBF pre94 kits.
These are made for the SN95/94 timing cover and water pump, These are only passenger side low mount (they cannot be flipped) and only come in a satin/machined finish. They will not work with passenger side mounted turbos or blowers. They will not work with front sway bars. These will work with a large meziere electric water pump that has the idler on it made for the SN95 timing cover. These will work with A/C and P/S as long as your running a idler electric pump or a factory mechanical water pump. The larger than stock underdrive water pump pulleys will not work and they will hit on the bracket. This kit does require you to extend the wiring harness that plugs into the back of the two plugs on the alternator. The kit will fit either 2G or 3G alternators, but most SN95s came with a 140amp 3G. Heim tensioner, spacers, and grade 8 hardware included and ready to bolt on. I tell everyone to run a string on their pulleys with the tensioner closed and add 1/2" for a belt measurement. Pulley sizes vary and this is the most accurate method. There are two prices, $185 with the upper idler pulley (for use with A/C and/or P/S, and mechanical pump) or $150 without the upper idler pulley if you just running crankshaft and alternator with an electric pump. Prices include shipping to the lower 48 states via fedex ground. [email protected] if youd like to purchase one shoot me a email.

·
Registered
752 Posts
can you please post a pic looking at it from the passenger fender. i am running shorty headers facing down and forward for a turbo setup. just need to see if it will cause interference.

thanks
mike

·
Registered
579 Posts
I know this is not what your selling looks great btw. I'm looking for a drivers side mount for a 94-95. Any plans of making one? Or anyone that does? I have a pass side mount Turbo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
does that top pulley/tensioner work like a stock one?

Please PM me

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
"The larger than stock underdrive water pump pulleys will not work and they will hit on the bracket."

Aaron

Is there any way to clear the aftermarket under-drive water pump pulley? May be some grinding? Also, looks like the bracket is hanging really low, way past the oil pan, is there going to be a ground clearance issue for lowered cars or people using drop spindles?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It hits the bracket right by the two bolts. No way to get around it. I have not heard of any ground clearance issues. Thats just a stock oil pan. I know headers, large sump oil pans, and steering racks hang lower than the bracket.

I tried my best guys to make this as compact as possible. The SN95 timing cover/pulleys being closer to the block presented me with a big challenge and there was really only one hole in the block that I could use. I spent weeks on this project trying to make it the best design I could, trust me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Im currently running Aarons bracket and my car sits around 3/4 of an inch lower than stock and i have not had any ground clearance issues. I use an underdrive water pump pulley also and it doesn't hit. Don't know if its the difference in name brands or not but i don't have any problems with this set up at all.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm. Could you measure your pulley max. OD and post that info? The more info I get on these parts, the better it is for all of you. I dont have a SN95 engine here in at my place. I actually developed this kit with the help of a guy in another state and I did all the CAD and machining work to get the prototype fitted properly on his engine based on the measurements I got from him. All the feedback I get from everyone using it, the better! :)

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Aaron

Is there any way you can get a shot from under the car to see how low the bracket is.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 160 Posts