Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 GT 158k miles (Totaled title) One owner before me.

Total Title info
In 2010 back window was busted out to steal stuff out of the car. They scratched the paint so he filed it on insurance they paid him and totaled the car. Its all on car fax.

So painted in 2010 (not perfect but 8.5 for sure.
Inside has been redone 9.5 even a new steering wheel.
Motor 100% stock still has original cats under it.
Yes the wheels came on the car.

So what would you say its worth. Just want to see if I got a good deal on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I spy a 3G alternator! But even if it's all stock, I'd do that too since the original alternator is BARELY adequate.

Dad bought one on a whim, blue/titanium w/opal interior (1993), nearly as clean, bone stock. $2200. His rolled off the assembly line on August 22, 1993 which would put it as one of the last FOX GT's based on what I can tell.

I like that green! My '92 is the exact same color, but cloth interior. "Was" stock but I can't leave stuff alone, had 93,000 miles on it. AOD was slipping. Got it for $800, but the paint had never seen a single wax job and thus the clearcoat was mostly nonexistent. I was on the fence with the green/titanium 2 tone but now that I've seen a few pics of them cleaned up, the paint shop is going to go back with the original color. That and I'm a little partial since my truck is also green 2 tone.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I’d say the value comes down to you.

The branded title obviously ruins the value for a collector or someone of that sort.

Looks like a great “driver’s” car which is what I’d want.

I’d say $4500-$6000 if it’s rust free.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see where you are getting 3-4k from please show me a car this clean that I can buy for that price matter a fact show me a few I will go buy them all I have a big shop and one day they will be worth a ton.

I've been looking close for the last few months and what I see is priced around 10-13k on average. Did find one priced a 8K

If paint have spider cracks and interior is just ok they are 5-10k depending on how bad and color.

at 3-4k I see car that need a ton of work but run

A piece of crap people are asking 2k for

Look I know every thing is worth what another person is willing to pay for it. But a clean Fox is getting hard to find + a paint job cost 3k+ so that make the value stay up also.

I don't care about the motor because I have and extra motor and t5 laying around.

When I was saying 100% stock motor I was talking about the motor not AC and stuff like that. But as said thats a plus to me. I really just wanted a clean paint and interior car the rest is just a plus. I have a 93 cobra that will have a 363 I actually bought this car to drive to work 700 mile twice a month I know I'm crazy but its what I like and want.

I'm not hating because people are saying they would only pay 3-4k but I'm just saying I don't see that market?

I paid $7,100 and was very happy with that.

The title doesn't bother me because it shows on car fax why and even says not wreck related.

I'm just really surprised y'all think its worth so much less being the market I've been looking at. It seems like they are only going up in price at this point. Many on this site are for sale at 10k+ and sell all the time. I would love to have that green coupe for 12.5K just didn't want to spend that much on that nice of a car to drive to work and put 150k miles on it over just a few years.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Branded title, repaint, and high miles. I’d say 3000-5000 tops.

Same car with good title, same miles, and factory paint 8000-9000.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I don't see where you are getting 3-4k from please show me a car this clean that I can buy for that price matter a fact show me a few I will go buy them all I have a big shop and one day they will be worth a ton.

I've been looking close for the last few months and what I see is priced around 10-13k on average. Did find one priced a 8K

If paint have spider cracks and interior is just ok they are 5-10k depending on how bad and color.

Look I know every thing is worth what another person is willing to pay for it. But a clean Fox is getting hard to find + a paint job cost 3k+ so that make the value stay up also.

I don't care about the motor because I have and extra motor and t5 laying around.

When I was saying 100% stock motor I was talking about the motor not AC and stuff like that. But as said thats a plus to me. I really just wanted a clean paint and interior car the rest is just a plus. I have a 93 cobra that will have a 363 I actually bought this car to drive to work 700 mile twice a month I know I'm crazy but its what I like and want.

I'm not hating because people are saying they would only pay 3-4k but I'm just saying I don't see that market?

The title doesn't bother me because it shows on car fax why and even says not wreck related.

I'm just really surprised y'all think its worth so much less being the market I've been looking at. It seems like they are only going up in price at this point. Many on this site are for sale at 10k+ and sell all the time. I would love to have that green coupe for 12.5K just didn't want to spend that much on that nice of a car to drive to work and put 150k miles on it over just a few years.
Down here in the south, they are not as expensive. I see fairly clean foxes locally selling under 5k all the time. And yes, I do want to scoop them all up and hold onto them. Just don’t have the room for them all.
If you’re happy with what you paid, then that’s cool.
Ultimately, that car, on the day you bought it was worth exactly $7100
All you have to do now is drive and enjoy it.
Welcome to the Fox family.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts

CarFax isn’t the end all, be all.

Especially on older cars. There are other databases which expose a lot more.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Out here, I guess they're dirt cheap or uber expensive and nothing in the middle.

tried to sell my '93 coupe, 2.3 turbo (SVO) engine swap, 5 speed, done right. Runs and drives awesome. Looks like poo (clear coming off). Interior ok. I was getting offers of $1200, $1100, $400, etc. Nobody wants a turbo 4 pot I guess but it is fun as heck to drive and will get 30 mpg. I'd just as soon keep it and wear it out before I give it away. It's worth more to the insurance company than it is to the market, and when it gets hit, it'll go to the junkyard never to be seen again. Junkyards here crush all the time which is why you never see anything with any age. I was asking $4k for it WITH a TRUCK load of 2.3T engine and electronics parts (EEC's, manifolds, heads, blocks, etc).

But at the same time, that car NEEDS paint work done, and that is about $4500 worth of work. That puts the car at $9000 roughly if I was to sell it, and still with it being a 4 cylinder, doubtful it would go for that. Thus, it will stay ugly. My other car is going in for paint assuming the painter doesnt' back out or disappear like 4 or 5 other ones have. Something about body/paint guys. They start seeing dollar signs, then at the last minute disappear. Guess they don't want the money. Dunno.

Different parts of the country appear to have different markets.

Some states dont play well with salvage titles. It's hard to get insurance on them in some states I'm told. I don't think it's like that here, but there are some oddities with salvage or rebuilt titles, for instance if you hit someone in a car that has a rebuilt title, there's a higher chance that the driver/owner of the car you hit may sue you and have a higher chance of winning, based on them questioning the quality of the rebuild or salvage repair. My friend went through that. Wasn't a big deal but it was just another headache of many in that situation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts