Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've checked some of my other recent posts, I've been having some issues and gremlins this season, and after tonight, things are looking up. Sure, there will probably be nay sayers stating the car should be quicker than it is, but that's life. Previously, the car has been making more power than it could harness and use. Now it's time for fine tuning and finding some more ponies.

I got the 15x 10 wheels and 28 x 10.50 et drags on the car and oh what a difference. 1st pass was just to feel out the new tire setup for any obvious problems, rub and stability mainly. No rub, plenty of clearance, and stability felt great. It was a footbrake pass.

All felt good so I started to thrash.

Times in order, trying different launch rpms and air pressures. 1/8th mile track, very poor air conditions.

7.03 @ 96.79 with 1.51 60ft.

7.02 @ 96.58 with 1.48 60ft.

6.98 @ 96.78 with 1.47 60ft.

7.01 @ 97.15 with 1.50 60ft (guess I stepped air pressure too much, slight spin).

6.96 @ 97.41 with 1.47 60ft.

6.96 @ 97.27 with 1.46 60ft.

Sporting a perpetual grin, it was a fun night! :joy:

Previous best 60ft I'd been able to muster was a 1.59.

Got some videos I'll post up soon.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice job Matt!!! All the hard work is paying off. I have to bite the bullet and get a set real drag tires, the drag radials with a 408 and stick don't cut it.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Dayum, that's more like it. She's hooking good now. Did you make those gains just with the wheel/tire change? Pretty nice. I wish mine was pulling those times. lol. Congrats. Oh yeah, that new paint job looks great...and the big meats too.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Most fun I've had at the track in a while. Improved almost every pass instead of getting worse, left on my best pass ever, 60's right were I was hoping for, and also left with the feeling there is still more in it to be had. And yes, the better tires are responsible for most of the gain, hooked way better and let me come out higher on the 2-step/transbrake.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
up

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that the hook is better, I'll install a k member and manual rack for front weight loss. Still think there are refinements in the tune and looking into a better (8") converter. Most of that takes more $$$$$, so it won't all happen at once.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts