Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had HPP in dallas tx tune my new setup. On 10lbs it made 615/566 thru a t56. I have to work out an issue with my ram twin disk, but I look forward to turning the boost up. New combo is F cam, FMS r block @ 4.125" bore, scat billet 3.1" stroke crank (made a short stroke 331), carrillo rods with JE 8.5:1 pistons and ported twisted wedge heads. On3 kit that I ceramic coated with a garrett 76mm turbo that comes with the HP performance kit.. Fuel system consist of dual inline walbros. Once I get my clutch fixed I am going back for more boost and tuning it on e85 with 80lb injectors but I think I will need more fuel pump.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Just had HPP in dallas tx tune my new setup. On 10lbs it made 615/566 thru a t56. I have to work out an issue with my ram twin disk, but I look forward to turning the boost up. New combo is F cam, FMS r block @ 4.125" bore, scat billet 3.1" stroke crank (made a short stroke 331), carrillo rods with JE 8.5:1 pistons and ported twisted wedge heads. On3 kit that I ceramic coated with a garrett 76mm turbo that comes with the HP performance kit.. Fuel system consist of dual inline walbros. Once I get my clutch fixed I am going back for more boost and tuning it on e85 with 80lb injectors but I think I will need more fuel pump.
Nice motor choice....the larger bore makes more a diffference then most realize.

Those are good numbers for 10lbs of boost, even if you factor in the stick vs. most numbers on here are through autos. How high were you spinning the motor?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have valve float occuring. Anything over 6k rpm it starts breaking up. I run TR8 ngk's with a 6al and stock dist with a blaster coil so I dont think its spark blowout. But the 615/566 was right at 6000 rpm. It was still pulling. Hopefully once I get my twin disk issues resolved and a new set of valve springs I can go back for a retune. I would think that I should be able to pull this setup to at least 6500. Its just an f cam with trickflow 1.7 roller rockers and FMS lifters. I am leaning toward either a lifter colapsing or valve float.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Nice numbers, when you go back with the new fuel/injectors combo, are you planning on turning up the boost as well? Whats your final goal that you are shooting for?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking to max out the turbo and kit.. Ive seen another combo similar to mine put down 834/750 but with an hp performance turbo kit and a holley systemax intake. Im hoping the victor jr setup for efi will pull a bit more power up top. Probably going to take at least a 3.5" downpipe though. Hoping for around 850-900rwhp thru a stick on e85. Chad if you guys have anything that is a direct replacement in 3.5" lets talk.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
I know John with the 363ci setup that was going 8.80s did build a custom 3.5" downpipe for his setup that was making over 800. Really about all that we could make fit in the same location as the stock dp is 3.5 and its really tight everywhere. That was for the 351 swapped cars but I dont know if you would want to try that and see how close it would be for you. Let me know and maybe we can give that a shot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts