Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just got the turbo in today and it has some side to side shaft play, No end to end, but still more than i was expecting. I'll post a video up in a bit. Anyone know how much it to much?

Robert

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2x

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a perfict size turbo.

·
Registered
186 Posts
my pts76 does that but spins straight and true at speed. the shaft floats in oil/bearings right?

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent a pm to them. I just want to see what they say. I've had 2 turbo cars but they had ball bearing turbos and zero shaft play.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Journal bearing turbos HAVE some shaft play, when there is oil presure built up there will be no play.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Journal bearings have shaft play. Think you'd contact them and ask before starting a thread about it.
Thanks I just thought I would get actual users input oppose to a salesman's "o it's fine" now I and others know it's normal. Thanks for the response.

Robert

·
Registered
444 Posts
mine had a little play out of the box primed the turbo it went away. love the turbo i got it set at 8lbs and its a blast.all of the ebay non ball bearing turbos will have shaft play till they are primed as long it spins free before prime you should be good

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine had a little play out of the box primed the turbo it went away. love the turbo i got it set at 8lbs and its a blast.all of the ebay non ball bearing turbos will have shaft play till they are primed as long it spins free before prime you should be good
Thanks guys, I feel good about it now. It has so much potential. Just a perfict size single turbo, and couldn't ask for a better price.

Robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts