Long Shifters
JLT Products
VP Racing Fuels
Racewires
M/T Tires

·
Formerly LSNotch
830 Posts
Awesome! Congratulations! I know this takes a lot of planning and effort and a whole team to get there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats Ed and Darin! Is the class still running "detuned" from where it was? I thought I remember you saying they wanted to slow the cars down last year.

·
Old timer
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.

The car is still in 2018 form, other than the 2019 tune. Ford added some timing and locked it in this year.

Had plans for a new nine inch rear, some Santhuff struts and new headers/exhaust but time got us. Maybe before St. Louis. Who knows?

We had our share of issues on Sunday getting the track figured out but testing on Thursday and Friday showed promise. A 10.25 off the trailer and some runs in the teens. Just missed the set up on race day but we know where we where we went fubar.

Hope to repeat in Atlanta with a win and take out the COPO Camaros in the NMRA versus NMCA Shoot-out.

Check out this killer shot of Q3 from Kevin DiOssi...

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
What's the orange circle in the middle of the oil pan?
Engine oil pan heater. To pre-heat the engine oil before starting the engine. I have one on my race car.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What tire is that? size wise it looks like a 3053....but i dont know if that is legal in the class. how many passes are you guys getting out of a set of tire?

·
Formerly LSNotch
830 Posts
Saint Louis

Thanks everyone.

Maybe before St. Louis.

Ed,
I literally live 15 minutes from the Gateway track. If there’s anything I may be able to do for you please let me know. I can send you my cell if you like.
See you there! :smile2:
Epi

·
Old timer
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What tire is that? size wise it looks like a 3053....but i dont know if that is legal in the class. how many passes are you guys getting out of a set of tire?
MT 3053S - stiff wall - we change them every 15-20 passes.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Ed... if yall go to a 9" let me know. we have a drop out 12 bolt housing at the shop for sale that needs a gear set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts