Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
You need the spout connector plugged in for timing control.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Currently I have a MSD 6BTM installed on my car using the msd wiring connector. Im not using the box for timing control anymore, just for the cd ignition. To be able to use the rev limiter on the MS PnP, do i just wire it up according to the MSD6AL diagrams?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
In the case of an MSPNP, you'd cut the SPOUT wire and run the ECU side of the SPOUT wire to the MSD white wire. This bypasses the TFI module and allows the MegaSquirt to command a spark cut.

(Note that if you don't need the ECU to command a spark cut, you can install the MSD box exactly like it was a stock Mustang. This mod is just for extending the features you can do.)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just got my new PNPG2 and it's slick!
Built new harness for add on pin outs so should be a breeze!
Only thing is upgrade data cable to HDMI instead of the old 9 pin and upgrade the DIY pin out connector......
Can't wait to plug it in and start tuning!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just wanted to check here - did you just use some sort of adapter to use a run of HDMI cable and then convert it back to RS232 at the end? You do not want to plug an MSPNP into your laptop's HDMI port.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Its been a few years since I messed with my EEC-IV mustang... I have a 88 5.0 Automatic car. I'll be swapping in a detuned NA 333 ci SBF with high impedance 42# injectors from my road race car with a T56. I'm looking for a stand alone ECU to replace my EEC.

I'm looking at this MSPNP, what would my exact setup need to be? Do I need dual wideband O2 to run closed loop? Will the Automatic harness work for the maunal combo?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
can you tell me how you arrange you PNP to have batch 1 with cylinders 1-4 and batch 2 with cylinders 8-7 ? You need to play with the jumpers or with the pins in the F60 connector?

·
Registered
138 Posts

We've just come out with a MSPNP for '86-'93 5.0 Mustangs. And now we have a '94-'95 Mustang MSPNP too! This one isn't just a repackaging of our MS2 and adapter harness combo; it has a lot more standard equipment. Some of the upgrades from the harness version include:

• 4 bar MAP sensor standard
  • Onboard barometric pressure sensor
  • Peak and hold injector drivers - lets you run low impedance injectors with the stock wiring harness
  • Knock sensor input and headphone jack for listening to knock sensor
  • Boost control output standard
  • 2 step rev limiter
  • And more!
Price is $839, including tuning cable and software CD.
Is this compatible with the mega viewer also ?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts