Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I don't see why it couldn't control any injector size you throw at it. Will you be doing something more wild than these guys? (Twin turbo 498ici making ~ 2,000hp at the wheels...)

Speed Week 2012 Land Speed Racing at Bonneville Speedway
533ci BBF, 4500 intake with injectors and 120mm tb
twins s475 turbos thru a bullet proof c6 and running e85(more demanding then race fuel)
could be upwards of 2k hp, but with the stock block, i guess ill find its stress limits first! lol

and those cars are running the ms3 unit, im wanting to use the pnp unit which is more based off the ms2 unit.

i heard chatter of the ms3 being made pnp into a 5.0 harness. but thats just theory at this point.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
533ci BBF, 4500 intake with injectors and 120mm tb
twins s475 turbos thru a bullet proof c6 and running e85(more demanding then race fuel)
could be upwards of 2k hp, but with the stock block, i guess ill find its stress limits first! lol

and those cars are running the ms3 unit, im wanting to use the pnp unit which is more based off the ms2 unit.

i heard chatter of the ms3 being made pnp into a 5.0 harness. but thats just theory at this point.
That's going to be insane!

It shouldn't be an issue but if you've got specs on your injectors (high impedance? low impedance? peak & hold? etc.) you can shoot an email to [email protected] and they can definitely help you out.

The size of the injector probably doesn't matter. It's more a matter of how it functions electrically and if that's compatible with the PNP electronics.

·
Please call me Mike
1,567 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
do you have to have a maf sensor or no maf sensor?
The answer is either. Megasquirt can run in a couple of different modes (and it can also do some hybrid modes too). 2 of them are no maf sensor, 1 uses a maf. It's up to what you want to do.

Most people run speed density mode, which is no maf.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
does the speed density mode work well with a radical cam? becouse the stock speed density dosent
The stock ecu had trouble more because a radical cam was so far way from what it was set up to work with.

When you can set up the computer, you have far more flexibility. However, get a cam that's too radical and you won't have a strong enough vacuum signal in some cases for SD to work well. In that situation you can run a hybrid mode of alpha-n and speed density.

I run a comp cams xe282 in a 393 with no issues, if that helps give you some idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ya it does thanks, im seriously considering investing in the pnp gen2 for my 1986 5.0, just wondering if thers any better deals out ther becouse ther so pricey

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
ya it does thanks, im seriously considering investing in the pnp gen2 for my 1986 5.0, just wondering if thers any better deals out ther becouse ther so pricey
You can build a MS2 for less if you buy one of the kits and solder it together yourself. That's how I did mine.

You won't fine mspnp2 cheaper somewhere else because it's not a vanilla megasquirt or microsquirt solution, it's a custom solution based on microsquirt but designed and built by DIYAutotune.

·
Registered
14 Posts
should i still do the info on my car email? or is it for sure that the one i need is the pnp gen2 for 86-93 5.0?

·
Please call me Mike
1,567 Posts
should i still do the info on my car email? or is it for sure that the one i need is the pnp gen2 for 86-93 5.0?
It never hurts to ask, I think the only ECU wire change was the addition of the maf sensor. The mass air cars still had the map sensor without vacuum attached it became a frequency based baro sensor. The map sensor on these ECUs are in the unit, so you just run a vaccum line to the ECU.

Only thing i found wierd (this is on a ms3) that a vaccum port on the ECU was rather small. Fuctionally it works fine but made it odd to be able to use the factory spot on the manifold. i ended up using a multisize vacuum fitting adapter. I am not sure what i am going to do when i put myne back togther.

All stand alone ECUs are spendy, these are the best bang for your buck. DIYAutoTune has done a good job on a price to performance standpoint.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
If you are at all unsure it's worth it to continue to get guidance. The guys at DIY are there to help too so take advantage!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok, I've been looking into getting a MSPNP but most of the guys on here are using it on turbo and supercharged cars. My car will be n/a for now but I want to put nitrous on it and maybe in the distant future get a turbo. Is tuning for nitrous basically the same or is it a completely different animal? Right now I'm in the learning stage of MS and overall tuning. I don't want to be dependent on a tuner and have to pay for a dyno tune everytime I make a change or want to turn up the wick.

I'm still building my car but I have a Dart 363 w/ all the bells and whistles, TKO600 and the car is SD but I have everything to convert it to MAF. If I get the MSPNP would it be more advantageous to stay SD or convert to MAF?

·
Please call me Mike
1,567 Posts
Ok, I've been looking into getting a MSPNP but most of the guys on here are using it on turbo and supercharged cars. My car will be n/a for now but I want to put nitrous on it and maybe in the distant future get a turbo. Is tuning for nitrous basically the same or is it a completely different animal? Right now I'm in the learning stage of MS and overall tuning. I don't want to be dependent on a tuner and have to pay for a dyno tune everytime I make a change or want to turn up the wick.

I'm still building my car but I have a Dart 363 w/ all the bells and whistles, TKO600 and the car is SD but I have everything to convert it to MAF. If I get the MSPNP would it be more advantageous to stay SD or convert to MAF?
Most people with MS just use SD. There is nothing wrong with MAF but is it is harder to set up, unless you have the transfer function

I'd think the nitrous would be sorta the same but not really. you may want a seperate set of timing and fuel maps activated buy a switch for when nitrous is in use.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

Megasquirt does have nitrous control. Here are the pages on it. I recommend reading the MS3 page first because it does a much better job of explaining what the settings do and how they work. It looks like MS2's nitrous control (MSPNP is MS2) is the same or very similar to MS3.

MS3 nitrous control.
Megasquirt-3 MS3 - nitrous oxide control system

MS2 nitrous control
MS2-Extra Hardware Manual

·
Registered
95 Posts
Most people with MS just use SD. There is nothing wrong with MAF but is it is harder to set up, unless you have the transfer function

I'd think the nitrous would be sorta the same but not really. you may want a seperate set of timing and fuel maps activated buy a switch for when nitrous is in use.
I guess I'll keep my SD harness so I can switch back when I get the MS. I probably won't be able to get the MS until early 2015.

That's exactly how I want to set up the MS with the nitrous. I'll also be looking for how to incorperate a progessive controller into it too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
After reading the 2 links @seijirou posted I guess I won't be needing a seperate progressive controller. The more I learn about MS the more I'm loving it...and I don't even have it yet. :cool:

Thanks for the info guys! I'll be lurking in this section to learn more. :D

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Yeah it's a pretty neat system. I definitely recommend figuring out all the things you want to do, and then look at which one will cover all of your needs. Sounds like that's the plan already so you're on the right track.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ill be installing a MSpNp in my 95 cobra hopefully in the next 2 weeks. Im currently running with my timing locked out, and dont have the spout connector anymore. My understanding is that this wont matter whether the spout is in or out because you use tuner studio when setting the fixed timing anyways. Am i correct or should i get me another spout connector?

41 - 60 of 73 Posts