Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Those Pacesetters are listed for 228!

Are you using an aftermarket k member?

Are you going to fab up an X pipe to connect the headers to your cat back?

If someone would make some motor mounts to use the LS engine w the fox k member the swap would be really cheap.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using a aje k member with lsx motor mounts

Yes going to use my off road h pipe from my 5.0 and adapt it to the LS3 manifolds

here is a pic

Now i'm just guessing that the after market headers will work... not positive

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yep just sucks that you give up a decent amount of power without long tubes on an LSX, shorties and stock manifolds really limit your mod choice as far as cam choice and heads etc.

Good fine though for those just doing stock swaps.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
people have made 1000 whp with stock manifolds man.. I hear what your saying though.. if you want a all motor setup then you will want Long tubes... but sense mine is getting a crap load of bottle the I could care less about long tubes..

the car these came off of comes with 425 Fwhp

another thing is maybe these would fit...
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/PaceSetter-72C2257-Header-Armor-Camaro/dp/B003X6EGPI[/ame]

·
Registered
124 Posts
people have made 1000 whp with stock manifolds man.. I hear what your saying though.. if you want a all motor setup then you will want Long tubes... but sense mine is getting a crap load of bottle the I could care less about long tubes..

the car these came off of comes with 425 Fwhp

another thing is maybe these would fit...
Amazon.com: PaceSetter 72C2257 Long Tube Header with Armor Coat for 6.2L Chevy Camaro 2010: Automotive
turbo= stock style manifolds

n/a, blower/ nitrous= all benefit HUGELY from long tubes.

Just because u have a bottle doesnt mean you dont need long tubes. thanks for the insight but your logic doesnt make much sense.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand that... this is just a cheap way to get the car going... and another option for people to do a LSx swap that are doing it more for the reliability and maybe even trying to smog it... this manifold will work... and be Smog legal..

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are a 100 PERCENT guaranteed to fit.. also made some more progress

chopped up stock truck pan removed one full quart

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea manifolds work great. I now have them on backwards for single turbo

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Cool. I've been following your build. I have a 87 coupe with a cage and stock 5.0/aod. Was planning on installing a 331 stock block, turbo, and a Redneck c4 but recently picked up an AJE K member and am tempted to sell the fomoco stuff and go LS.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do it. The best part of the lsx engine was designed by ford. The cylinder head. For some reason they ditched it for the 2, 3 and 4 valve idea

1 - 12 of 12 Posts