Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just bought my first fox body for a steal! it is an old school ls6, carb motor, with a th400. Now my question is how to i get the speedo to read the speed and somewhat close to accurate? It's currently not working at all so im using rpms to base my speeds

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you go aftermarket, Dakota Digital makes a sender for the 400 that sends out a certain pulse per mile signal that you could pick up on with an Autometer gauge. I'm going to be using that setup to run my VSS off of for my turbo 5.3.

·
Registered
7 Posts
^ as stated above, need more info. If you're talking about running the factory mechanical speedo in a '79-93 Fox then it's as simple as using a special speedo cable made by this company:

Speedometer Gear, Speedometer Gears, Ford, GM, Dodge 700R4

Scroll down a ways on that page and you will see it.

If you've got a '94-98 Mustang, they make a pulse generator that scews onto the TH400 and provides a pulse to the speedo head like the Ford speed sensor did.

With both of the above methods you then adjust the speedo calibration via the tailshaft/driven gears in the trans just like you would normally.

Here's old Fox. All gauges functional. This car had a TH400 trans with a Turbocharged 5.3L Chevy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts