Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so is forum being paid for by SCT or something? Are there going to be other EEC Tuning specific forums?

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Good question, subscribing for answer. I imagine SCT is an authorized advertiser and are sponsoring this forum?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Your assumptions are correct.

The forum will be strickly moderated for on topic content. It's not a place for debating "who's stuff is better".

Thanks and I'm looking forward to assisting as much as I can.

Ed Clark

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Now if we could just get some active moderation on the general "EEC Tech" board, we'd be rockin'.... :D

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Yes they do. Once returned to stock they can be unlocked by any authorized dealer. But only after the car has been returned to stock.

There's simply no way around this. It protects SCT and the dealers.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Is this the same for Pro Racer Packages? I've seen a couple of them used for sale but I'm worried that they might not work on my car.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
My honest opinion on buying any of this stuff used is beware. A vast majority of flash devices being sold have not been returned back to stock. This means the owner is trying to tune his car, flash it and then recoupe the costs by reselling the package. Might seem like a deal at first but after you pay for unlocking the device it probably won't be. Again, this falls under protecting the company and the dealer network. Also buying a PRP used will not ensure you get access to direct support or the online support forums. These forums are extremely helpful in getting more experienced tuners to assist you.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
283 Posts
Does the cable from the 9100 fit the Xcal2 or do you have to purchase a different cable to hook up to laptop for advantage interface?

Doopie

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
doopie said:
Does the cable from the 9100 fit the Xcal2 or do you have to purchase a different cable to hook up to laptop for advantage interface?
Nope - it has an ODB 2 cable already attached but you nee a USB cable (A/B) like most USB printers use to connect to a PC.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks. I saw a cable on MD.com that was 50 bucks to connect the XCal didn't know if that was the cable to hook up the laptop or for the cable to hookup the wideband input. Hopefully it is neither and the wideband hookup is a fabricabble item. Then it is only 325 to upgrade my 9100 through MD or 225 to trade it in the VMP

·
Registered
431 Posts
doopie said:
Thanks. I saw a cable on MD.com that was 50 bucks to connect the XCal didn't know if that was the cable to hook up the laptop or for the cable to hookup the wideband input. Hopefully it is neither and the wideband hookup is a fabricabble item. Then it is only 325 to upgrade my 9100 through MD or 225 to trade it in the VMP

That probably the programming cable for the original xcal unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts