Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am putting together a cheap motor for a family drag car, the motor will be a scat 4340 forged crank forged i beams and probe pistons ported gt40p's flipped headers and a mp70 turbo, cam motion custom cam, victor jr intake a blow through carb, i am looking for 450 hp out of this, will this be doable or am i aiming too high

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
The big question everyone is going to ask....is what block do you intend on using?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
the more important thing is how fast you want to go. horsepower number doesn't mean alot if you can't go down the track since your putting together a track car. who cares if you make 500 hp and run 12's like Mill and others.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
the more important thing is how fast you want to go. horsepower number doesn't mean alot if you can't go down the track since your putting together a track car. who cares if you make 500 hp and run 12's like Mill and others.
Have yo ever tried launching a 500rwhp car at a unprepped track with bald nittos? :barf: Seriously, I should have some much better times with the new tires here next month. Hooking up is crucial...especially with a turbo car. Remember, when your spinning the tires...your loosing horsepower because you don't have the proper load on the turbo.

My whole point of the question is in regards to the shortblock combo. If plans on using the stock block as a base, he's wasting his money on the rotating assembly.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is the thing, its a stock yyy block with a girdle, everything that we have here is other peoples leftovers, or from projects that never were, i just thought it would be neat to have a 90%track/10%street car, im going to be totally happy with a 10.9999999999 just want a 10 second slip, maybe have a lil fun on the street now and then, i know the rotating assembly is overkill, but it was a steal at a meet for 500 bucks, with the block (unassembled)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
here is the thing, its a stock yyy block with a girdle, everything that we have here is other peoples leftovers, or from projects that never were, i just thought it would be neat to have a 90%track/10%street car, im going to be totally happy with a 10.9999999999 just want a 10 second slip, maybe have a lil fun on the street now and then, i know the rotating assembly is overkill, but it was a steal at a meet for 500 bucks, with the block (unassembled)
If you already have it…and it’s all that you have, then by all means. It is only overkill for the block itself….and when the block splits there is no guarantee that the rotating assembly will be safe (even with a girdle. If however the block itself came with a stock rotating assembly….I’d say just rebuilt it as-is and either sell the forged assembly and use the cash on other upgrades, or save it for when the time comes to upgrade to a better block.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Have yo ever tried launching a 500rwhp car at a unprepped track with bald nittos? :barf: Seriously, I should have some much better times with the new tires here next month.
I dont have 500hp but I know the feeling lol.. try bald BFG 225/25/15's lol they are 23 in tall tires. lmao

when you run low 12s with a 2.0 60 foot,shifting 5th gear you KNOW there is more left in it.

Too bad your not closer, I have a set of 26x9 slicks you could try. I TRIED them and cut a LOW 1.6 60 but didnt have the brass to stay in it lol. going from a 23in DR to a 26in slick made my butt pucker up real good lol lol

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I dont have 500hp but I know the feeling lol.. try bald BFG 225/25/15's lol they are 23 in tall tires. lmao

when you run low 12s with a 2.0 60 foot,shifting 5th gear you KNOW there is more left in it.

Too bad your not closer, I have a set of 26x9 slicks you could try. I TRIED them and cut a LOW 1.6 60 but didnt have the brass to stay in it lol. going from a 23in DR to a 26in slick made my butt pucker up real good lol lol

Bah! Nice!

I'm going to give a set of M/T street radials a shot (235 60 15's). I'm not expecting to dead hook on em...but they couldn't possibly be worse than the nittos!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you guys think a 3.73 gear will be ok?, also its going to be a t5 so lets here any ideas, and i might even do e85 for the fun factor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts