Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Fairmont a little closer to the 10's. Still very soft launch. I'm sure with slicks/skinnies and even a moderate launch, this car would go deep tens. The trap speed's getting up there...

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, nice running Fairmont lol, what are your mods?
TVS blower upgrade, CJ Throttle body, Roush wheelhop eliminator kit and FRPP suspension kit. Also Toyo Proxes drag radials.

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so put some stickies tires on it and let it rip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well... that post before yours asked about running below 11.49 without a cage. Truth be told I'm breaking track rules already and it's not cool. I'm supposed to be setting a better example for people. I don't plan to put a cage in this car. We have a "three strikes" rule at GLD where you'll get two warnings and then you stop racing. I'm supposed to also be running "clocks off" where I get a timeslip but my time's not displayed up on the big boards. A couple friends have already offered to let me borrow some "real" tires and I know this is a 10-second car, I just want to see how far I can go on these weak Toyos.
It's actually kinda cool to hear people from the "trailered/slicks/open headers" camp comment on my car. It leaves so "soft" and then those eye-popping ET/MPH numbers flash. They can't believe it. :cool:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Well... that post before yours asked about running below 11.49 without a cage. Truth be told I'm breaking track rules already and it's not cool. I'm supposed to be setting a better example for people. I don't plan to put a cage in this car. We have a "three strikes" rule at GLD where you'll get two warnings and then you stop racing. I'm supposed to also be running "clocks off" where I get a timeslip but my time's not displayed up on the big boards. A couple friends have already offered to let me borrow some "real" tires and I know this is a 10-second car, I just want to see how far I can go on these weak Toyos.
It's actually kinda cool to hear people from the "trailered/slicks/open headers" camp comment on my car. It leaves so "soft" and then those eye-popping ET/MPH numbers flash. They can't believe it. :cool:
i like seeing the big mph too but the et is were its at. do it once or twice and see what you get then go back to street tires.... no sense in leaving a whole bunch on the table.

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like seeing the big mph too but the et is were its at. do it once or twice and see what you get then go back to street tires.... no sense in leaving a whole bunch on the table.

Eh.. yes and no. I'm on a mission actually... On another site, some "experts" insist that the only way to go tens is to beat the snot of the car. Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Of course ET is where's it at. I'm a longtime dragracer. it's just... hard to explain it when you are basically out for a Sunday drive and and can put those kinds of numbers up and do it run after run and then just drive home... These cars are amazing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts