Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time out with MT DRs 275/40/17.
First pass was breaking up in 3rd maybe from the 90mi + drive to the track next two passes car ran fine.
3rd pass was a bracket race and I broke out in more ways then one.I knew the 60 was good so I couldn't bring my self to lift.
Also race wt 3250 and granny shifting.
More details in sig and video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUW_p5tZ1xs

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Ya slipping the clutch at like 3-4000rpms and thay were holding great. 3rd pass not so much clutch slip and went to the floor sooner.
I think it still has more with better weather and if I can get a little more 60 out of those tires.
Also that track seems to be 1-2ths slower then Etown NJ my 03 MACH1 went
2ths faster at Etown with simler weather.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
nice passes ...i'm go'in to LVD on the 10th of oct for a trackday
i also run 275-40-17 DR ..what air pressure works best for you ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow! That is the launch I am looking for!

I am also using 17" mt's and for the life of me I can't hook worth sh&^. My buds are trying to tell me to go 15" with fatter side walls but I won't:)

I am trapping 117 also but I run a constant 12-12.2 w/ 60ft times of 2.2 to 2.0.

Can I ask how you car sits? How far is the ground from the bottom of you front and rear fender? I think this is my problem. My front is sitting 2" lower than my rear.

I aslo have to put less psi on my right tire than my left one or else the right just goes bye bye.

I can belive you can launch at 4-5k. Although my car is boosted, launching above 2500 is like doing a second burn out.

Please let me know have you car sits it would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh I am running 21psi right and 24psi left.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just went out and checked 27in front 27.1/4 rear.
What kind of power are you makeing?
Let some air out of those tires go as low as 15psi.
I also have a Cobra 31 spline Taction lock in the rear and dont get any one leggin.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh great info!

Mine is sitting 25in front and 27in rear. I have full coilovers so I can adjust everything. I am running 255/40's in the front and 275/40 rear.

I am making 500+ on my street tune, this is what I have been running at the track also. My race tune is rediculous and now way would I be able to launch.

I am also running 31 splines and traclock. 3.08's in the rear. Boost comes in at 2500rpm and all hell breaks loose if my foot goes all the way down. I am not running any electronics at all (2 step).

15psi then go up from there?

Thanksssssssss for the info man!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im runing 245/45/17 front and also have coilovers in front with Kenny brown
K member and front control arms.
Control arms are 99-04 type and push the wheel out more and also thay are off set to move them 3/4in forward.
Rear KB arms with the KB track kit plus with panhard bar stock springs but 3/4in lower with track kit plus.
I just went rite to 15psi and it worked

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks Bill5.0!

The next and last race for the season is on 10/3. I have lots of time to set everything up.

I'll let ya know what happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts