Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been off the radar for a while but I went to the track with my car and got some pretty sweet numbers. Stock bottom end,stock t-5 with center force clutch, QuickTime kit with 6776, 9lbs spring, on the 116octane tune. I went 11.204 @ 124.5 with a 1.54 60' on 26" slick with a 3.55. It was the first time I launched it off of the 2step. I was not sure about it because when I use it it bangs and pops really bad then it almost like the plugs are fouled a little? Anyone else have this problem? It launched great I can't complain. But I did only have my foot to the floor for the top 2lights.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have been off the radar for a while but I went to the track with my car and got some pretty sweet numbers. Stock bottom end,stock t-5 with center force clutch, QuickTime kit with 6776, 9lbs spring, on the 116octane tune. I went 11.204 @ 124.5 with a 1.54 60' on 26" slick with a 3.55. It was the first time I launched it off of the 2step. I was not sure about it because when I use it it bangs and pops really bad then it almost like the plugs are fouled a little? Anyone else have this problem? It launched great I can't complain. But I did only have my foot to the floor for the top 2lights.
Thats because a 2 step is a rich explosion in the turbo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
2 steps cutting the spark in the motor and loading it up with fuel when u come off the clutch all that ecess pressure has to go somewhere. Thus the popping and fire spitting.. Sounds like its running just fine.. Good run and a 10 sec pass is coming

1 - 3 of 3 Posts