Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Emerald Coast Dragway last night after getting the car tuned at xXx Motorsports. At the track the temp was 69* and right about 90% florida humidity. The car had 'dew' all over it, before each run. The car weighs about 3200#'s(best guess, with me), full interior(stock seats front and back), everything under the dash, and a 6 point roll cage. I picked up two tenths in the 1/8 with only changes being AFR 205's, SCT 2600, AIS Alk/water injection, and Pump gas.:eeek: I am still using a tiny 67mm turbo and shifting at 5600rpm! On the dyno my Air Charge Temp was 89* and those were short 3rd gear pulls. It might be cooler on the dragstrip going through each gear. Anyway, here are my new best times:

60ft- 1.352
330- 3.92
1/8th- 6.09
mph- 112.5

Going to Montgomery Motorsports 1/4 mile track next weekend. I dont think the car will mph very well, but hopefully I can get some mid-high nines! :salute:

This is a street car, tagged and insured. I drive it about 3 times a week if the weather cooperates. Its comfortable and drivability is like a stocker. I take my kids with me to the local cruises.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Went to Emerald Coast Dragway last night after getting the car tuned at xXx Motorsports. At the track the temp was 69* and right about 90% florida humidity. The car had 'dew' all over it, before each run. The car weighs about 3200#'s(best guess, with me), full interior(stock seats front and back), everything under the dash, and a 6 point roll cage. I picked up two tenths in the 1/8 with only changes being AFR 205's, SCT 2600, AIS Alk/water injection, and Pump gas.:eeek: I am still using a tiny 67mm turbo and shifting at 5600rpm! On the dyno my Air Charge Temp was 89* and those were short 3rd gear pulls. It might be cooler on the dragstrip going through each gear. Anyway, here are my new best times:

60ft- 1.352
330- 3.92
1/8th- 6.09
mph- 112.5

Going to Montgomery Motorsports 1/4 mile track next weekend. I dont think the car will mph very well, but hopefully I can get some mid-high nines! :salute:

This is a street car, tagged and insured. I drive it about 3 times a week if the weather cooperates. Its comfortable and drivability is like a stocker. I take my kids with me to the local cruises.
Im thinking of a 331 at some point.I also like the 66 and 67MM turbo's because boost comes on faster especially with a 331 Motor.Guy's these day start out with a T-70 or bigger.For a street car bigger is surely not better.I was wondering what car is funner to drive on the street your Fox body or the Cobra??

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I love my lil 67mm on the street - by 3200 i'm in full boost. I'm not running the 1/8th times like above but it's pretty quick.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't want a big cubic Inch engine because I know from my 3.8 Turbo Buick how good the MPG is as well as how fast it is.I was in between getting a Fox body or a LS1 Camaro.I know completely different car's and I have never been in a 98-02 LS1 Camaro.I owned a Fox body but got rid of it because the body needed alot of work.Alot of guy's have been in the 10's with just a 60MM Turbo with H/C/I.Anything under 11 seconds is extremely fast enough.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
damn fred nice job! I just bought my AIS kit here last week. I got it installed and will be heading back to the track this coming weekend to tear #### up. wish i knew you might have been interested in a bigger turbo, i would have traded you my 76 for that 67.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice times man!

I can't wait to get a turbo400 in my car.

I know you run a rossler unit. May I ask what part number it is?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
damn fred nice job! I just bought my AIS kit here last week. I got it installed and will be heading back to the track this coming weekend to tear #### up. wish i knew you might have been interested in a bigger turbo, i would have traded you my 76 for that 67.
Doh!! You went smaller? I was looking for rpm when I added the injection and afr's. Only to figure out from talking with people that my turbo is the cork. I feel the car is plenty fast...more than I wanted anyway. :eeek: I would have swapped you out for sure. I have talked with HP and I can use my exhaust housing and upgrade to a 76 easily enough. Maybe next year??

NOS5- My fox is the first and only brand new car I ever bought. So I am partial to the fox. Its more comfortable, rides better, way faster, but handles like a covered wagon. I am actually nervous when I drive the fox. I am always worried about the other guy ruining my junk from their lack of paying attention or something else..like text messaging while driving or something stupid.

Fordbanger- I didnt go balls out on this unit. I went through my local speed shop (Speed Unlimited in Pensacola...not ebay), told them I wanted something that can handle the power I planned on making, be streetable, and bullit proof. So they suggested the Rossler and PTC converter.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You say 67mm is tiny? I was told by my kit builder my 67mm Precision was rated up to 750 HP, way more than enough to split your mexican block.

What kind of power are you making with your combo?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Doh!! You went smaller? I was looking for rpm when I added the injection and afr's. Only to figure out from talking with people that my turbo is the cork. I feel the car is plenty fast...more than I wanted anyway. :eeek: I would have swapped you out for sure. I have talked with HP and I can use my exhaust housing and upgrade to a 76 easily enough. Maybe next year??
Yup i sold my stage 3 kit and kept my stage 1 kit. Mainly because right now i'm running the stock 93 cobra bottom end with 78k. I liked the spool of the 60 vs 76. They both lay you back, but a 67 would be more ideal for my setup. Like i stated earlier my car is a 5 speed as well so shifting with the 76 caused a bit more lag than the 60. and yeah you can use the 76 on your kit. I ran the same kit with the 76 and the 60. nothing changes, but depending on how you cut out your inner fender well for the turbo, (i did mine pretty precise), so i had to open the holes i cut a bit because the oil drain moved a bit. so you may have to do that.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You say 67mm is tiny? I was told by my kit builder my 67mm Precision was rated up to 750 HP, way more than enough to split your mexican block.

What kind of power are you making with your combo?
Car made 553hp to the wheels with 15lbs boost and 18* timing, with a loose converter and th400. Take into account the drive train loss, and I am pretty close to 700 flywheel, which that is where they get that number. The 67 IMO is perfect for the street. I only say its tiny because I want at least a 76mm or more.:D

I am feeling confident with my mexican block. I am only spinning it 5600 rpm...how hard can that be on a motor? Should live forever.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Car made 553hp to the wheels with 15lbs boost and 18* timing, with a loose converter and th400. Take into account the drive train loss, and I am pretty close to 700 flywheel, which that is where they get that number. The 67 IMO is perfect for the street. I only say its tiny because I want at least a 76mm or more.:D

I am feeling confident with my mexican block. I am only spinning it 5600 rpm...how hard can that be on a motor? Should live forever.
Yeah that 67 must be a blast on the street.I was wondering does your car handle badly as you stated in a previous post?? Just wondering because I got rid of my 89 GT but that car had the original shocks and all around stock suspension.It really drove hard and was terrible with bumps.The car was fun to drive though but I found myself not trusting it.I had alot of rust on mine though.I heard the 03 Cobra's handle much better.I would like to have an overdrive though if I do find a nice Fox body.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update from track rental in Montgomery last weekend.

Had a great time! I wished the track prep was better though. I had one pass I went [email protected] in the 1/8 and [email protected] in the 1/4 on the same pass. LOL!!

My best pass all together:

60ft- 1.41
1/8- 6.15
mph- 112.7
1/4- 9.66
mph- 138.3

For the most part the car ran consistent 9.75-85's all day at 138-139, and I had a best mph of 141.2. I made 12 passes total and the car never missed a beat. All this is on pump gas and AIS injection.

Out of 10 passes it barely used half of the water/meth out of the windshield washer resivor. Just to give you guys an idea of how little fluid it uses.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Update from track rental in Montgomery last weekend.

Had a great time! I wished the track prep was better though. I had one pass I went [email protected] in the 1/8 and [email protected] in the 1/4 on the same pass. LOL!!

My best pass all together:

60ft- 1.41
1/8- 6.15
mph- 112.7
1/4- 9.66
mph- 138.3

For the most part the car ran consistent 9.75-85's all day at 138-139, and I had a best mph of 141.2. I made 12 passes total and the car never missed a beat. All this is on pump gas and AIS injection.

Out of 10 passes it barely used half of the water/meth out of the windshield washer resivor. Just to give you guys an idea of how little fluid it uses.
Great job!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
damn man that's awesome. I hooked mine up but didn't get to tune it in yet because i ran into issues. i cluster####ed a 11.0 @ 131.8 on the one pass i did manage to get.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

60ft- 1.352
330- 3.92
1/8th- 6.09
mph- 112.5

Duplicate

1 - 20 of 28 Posts