Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ye ha. Took a drive to chigago and picked up my new 427 shortblock from jim @ ford strokers. Just a quick thanks to him. after reading the build sheet I am very happy w/ what I see.
Now on with the questions.
I am starting W/ a427ci block I currently have to reuse or not a set of afr 205 heads, trickflow box r intake, wilson 90mm tb, big stuff3 management system. will be fuel injected. Target hp 1200-1400. I am new to turbos so I am asking the turbo gurus to chime in and make some reasonable sugestions.
Oh yea, also an a1000 fuel pump w/ 8an lines from a fuel cell.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I called b&g today and they can put together a 91mm system to fit my app. 91mm is a little bigger than I thought I would need but hey, what do I know.
I still have time so I would like to find more for comparison. I will probably use the afr 205 heads I have. May have to change springs to match cam but will disscuss that w/ ed curtis when I order the cam. I have not decided on timing set yet, as far as intake I am thinking a super vic w/an elbow? 95lb, injectors should give me enough fuel but I am not shur if I have enough fuel pump or supply lines. I have a new converter from neal chance. I have no clue what rear gear to run.
I hope I am on the right path. Let me know what you think or any changes you would make and why.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Well this ought to be intersting! Why not go E85, more boost, more timing, less detonation more power?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this ought to be intersting! Why not go E85, more boost, more timing, less detonation more power?
I considered that. I want to be able to drive this,cruise, car shows. I do not want to put a large fuel cell in order to hit the e way and drive more than 80 mi before fueling.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
No fuel cell needed for E85. Just modify your pump setup in tank.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called over to pony down today and he is going to get back to me w/ an est. for doing the piping. I hope he comes in w/ a comparable $ figure because they are not too far and if required I would be able to take the car to them.

·
Registered
691 Posts
very happy with my Y2K 88mm. Combo is close to yours. See sig. Im not sure it would support 1400hp, but 1200 is reasonable from this turbo. Its gone 8.89with 15psi and pedaling the car for most of the track. Y2ks are smaller than the thumper series, more of a mid frame T6 if you will. It allows it to pakage very nicley. Still a T6 unit, 5" down pipe, 3.5" comp outlet. Great choice. I may move up to a 91mm Y2K soon, but not sure it would be much different.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very happy with my Y2K 88mm. Combo is close to yours. See sig. Im not sure it would support 1400hp, but 1200 is reasonable from this turbo. Its gone 8.89with 15psi and pedaling the car for most of the track. Y2ks are smaller than the thumper series, more of a mid frame T6 if you will. It allows it to pakage very nicley. Still a T6 unit, 5" down pipe, 3.5" comp outlet. Great choice. I may move up to a 91mm Y2K soon, but not sure it would be much different.
NICE! Like those timeslips. What size Inj. are u running? I was figuring in my head (and it aint pretty) when I came up w/95lb. min.

·
Registered
691 Posts
NICE! Like those timeslips. What size Inj. are u running? I was figuring in my head (and it aint pretty) when I came up w/95lb. min.
At that time it was a single 750 cfm blow through injector lmfao

When I put the XFI on, I went with MSD 96'ers for now as I got a deal on them from Rob at chiseled performance. Any of the 90s will take you into the 8s with a good fuel system.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At that time it was a single 750 cfm blow through injector lmfao

When I put the XFI on, I went with MSD 96'ers for now as I got a deal on them from Rob at chiseled performance. Any of the 90s will take you into the 8s with a good fuel system.
Well that is fast enough for me. I would like to see your # sence the change though.
I Just got off the phone w/ bill @ gilbachracecraft in Livonia MI. He is another builder refered to me by donnie walsh and is close enough to me to just take him the car. He has done some very nice and reputable cars that work and are of show quallity. I know I will get a better job this way than using a premade kit.
He is going to give me a quote on both a single and 2x setup. I should hear from him next week.

·
Registered
691 Posts
No times with EFI yet. Car is undergoing a mini tub, and hopefully a new rear end before 2012.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've got a cam and valvesprings you need. I took it out of my 363 before i ever put it in the car to swap out for something less agressive. Its a custom grind solid roller spec'd for a big twin setup. Reed at workturbochargers told me it would be more suited for a 400+ cubic inch motor and about 1500hp. I'll make you a deal on it if your interested.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got a cam and valvesprings you need. I took it out of my 363 before i ever put it in the car to swap out for something less agressive. Its a custom grind solid roller spec'd for a big twin setup. Reed at workturbochargers told me it would be more suited for a 400+ cubic inch motor and about 1500hp. I'll make you a deal on it if your interested.
pm me info so I can arcive in case. thanks

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I think I have decided on an 88mm. w/ a 1.39 ar. This should still be able to make 1000- 1100hp W/ a little wiggle room. Next is to study up on waste gate and bov. I have yet to learn very much about them and would appreciate a simple lesson if that is possible. I do understand what they do but I don't have a clue as to how to figure out what is correct.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts