Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Should be able to hit 400 rwhp, unless it's an auto with an unlocked converter; then it'll probably be mid/low 300's.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Does this system leave a decent amount of room for valve covers, such that one might use shaft mounted rockers? I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one of these, wondering about my valvetrain options. I'm aware that I'll not need to spin the engine too many rpms, but I've got a nice set of shafts for the heads.

Jay

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
Does this system leave a decent amount of room for valve covers, such that one might use shaft mounted rockers? I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one of these, wondering about my valvetrain options. I'm aware that I'll not need to spin the engine too many rpms, but I've got a nice set of shafts for the heads.

Jay
The Kenne Bell really only allows for the stock type valve covers. That being said...I have Jesel shaft mount rockers on ,my AFR 220 heads with stock type valve covers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I still have not received mine.
Has anyone who ordered one of these Kenne Bells received it yet?

I have a NIB polished 2200 Flowzilla for an 85-93 that I had for sale for much less than these are being sold for, but there wasn’t much interest. I had plans to go AFR165 n/a on my 95 Cobra, but since the KB & AFR185’s didn’t sell, I am now planning on running 6-7 psi on the Cobra, but I need a 94-95 snout, bracket and coil mount to do this.
Does anyone know if TPS Motorsports will be selling KB parts?

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
725 Posts
Has anyone who ordered one of these Kenne Bells received it yet?

I have a NIB polished 2200 Flowzilla for an 85-93 that I had for sale for much less than these are being sold for, but there wasn’t much interest. I had plans to go AFR165 n/a on my 95 Cobra, but since the KB & AFR185’s didn’t sell, I am now planning on running 6-7 psi on the Cobra, but I need a 94-95 snout, bracket and coil mount to do this.
Does anyone know if TPS Motorsports will be selling KB parts?

Thanks
Ken
He said he could not get me an extra discharge manifold. 5 more weeks apparently they are in production now.

I'd give kenne bell a call and see if they can help with your parts. If not politely ask for their blueprints of the parts you need. Than bring them to a couple good machinists in your area and ask them how much to make.

·
Registered
198 Posts
He said he could not get me an extra discharge manifold. 5 more weeks apparently they are in production now.

I'd give kenne bell a call and see if they can help with your parts. If not politely ask for their blueprints of the parts you need. Than bring them to a couple good machinists in your area and ask them how much to make.
TPS won’t be making anything for the 94-95, but Mike was very quick to reply.

Kenne Bell had the same production problems when the Blowzilla/Flowzillas came out, but luckily for me, it had only been a few weeks later than expected.

Sent an email to Kenne Bell, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

The blueprint idea isn’t a bad idea, if they would let me have them. I have a friend that is a Machinist and my daughter’s fiancé has a machineshop up near the Canadian border.

Thank you for ideas.
Ken

Well, Kenne Bell is also out of the snouts. Bummer.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would be VERY VERY wary of ordering one of these from the company linked above. I chatted with Casear on the web site, and when I asked for a hard release date he said around the beginning of next year (obviously nothing in stone). Something about KB needing to remake molds for the kit. Red flags all around, I sure won't be leaving a deposit! At least six months late from the initial timeline does not inspire confidence. Too bad I was really wanting one of these.

Jay

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Anyone who wants an eaton m112 setup for a 8.2 I have one. PM me. You can always bolt a whipple for a lightning on the lower and make more power.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It appears they are in stock and available for direct order.

Does anyone know what kind of hood clearance you would need to use the Kenne Bell on a 351W based motor?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Anybody hear anything? I was told quite a few blowzilla's already shipped......

·
Twin Screw
1994 Mustang GT
1,272 Posts
Nice,... but that price is a total RIP off. When KB was clearancing out their last 3 2.1 big bore flowzillas I scored one for 2300 brand new not polished just black for a 94. 2.1 it seems the upper limit is around 550 -600hp. Makes a great street runner for sure.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts