Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that a third party company made a deal with Kenne Bell to sell new kits for 1986-1995 pushrod 5.0? It appears to be a limited run of Blowzilla/Flowzilla available in July. I know there is a lot of demand for this type of kit. They usually sell on Ebay within hours of the posting. I'm not trying to advertise anything just curious if this is real, or another scam. Thank you.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a KB kit.....

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
The problem is that they want $4500 to include the Flowzilla. No reason not to get the Flowzilla but damn, way expensive.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The problem is that they want $4500 to include the Flowzilla. No reason not to get the Flowzilla but damn, way expensive.
That's a crazy price. I love my Flowzilla 2.1L but I don't think I could ever spend that much money, I'm too cheap.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
I bought a used KB 2.2L Blowzilla with the standard manifolding off the Corral back in 2004 and it cost me $3000. Just saying.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its true, i'm waiting on mine. Should have bought one back in the day when they were discontinuing and 25% off. Like they say, education is expensive.

They are only making 40, so get on the list.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
That's cool (and all things considered, not a bad price); but it'll cap out at about 700 hp. Be aware of that (if that's an issue for you).

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That's cool (and all things considered, not a bad price); but it'll cap out at about 700 hp. Be aware of that (if that's an issue for you).
at the crank? 700 is a lot through a stock intake. Plus, it wouldn't be much of a street car I imagine with all the heat it would take to do that. Kenny bell makes a good product, but they are for a 4 valve engine.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
at the crank? 700 is a lot through a stock intake. Plus, it wouldn't be much of a street car I imagine with all the heat it would take to do that. Kenny bell makes a good product, but they are for a 4 valve engine.
The blower would cap out at about 700 hp; you'd have to do a lot of work to a GT40 lower and the inlet to get there. Either way, when you start pushing these blowers, you end up with a lot of low end torque (and the cylinder pressure it takes to get there - tuning becomes rather important).

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The blower would cap out at about 700 hp; you'd have to do a lot of work to a GT40 lower and the inlet to get there. Either way, when you start pushing these blowers, you end up with a lot of low end torque (and the cylinder pressure it takes to get there - tuning becomes rather important).
Alex, your is a 2.3 liter blower right? You've done great with that and an intercooler, and the details to make it right.

What is the 2.1 or 2.2 worth with an intercooler do you imagine? I have to fabricate many things to fit one to my truck, so the GT40 intake will not be on my engine. I've got a TFS R lower, and plans to make plenums to fit an IC above the lower, to the KB, and for the TB. I'm surprised they(KB) never made a plenum for any better lower intake than the GT40. I do hope they make a few snout parts for the KB's, that's the one thing I think I'll have to hunt still.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
Alex, your is a 2.3 liter blower right? You've done great with that and an intercooler, and the details to make it right.

What is the 2.1 or 2.2 worth with an intercooler do you imagine? I have to fabricate many things to fit one to my truck, so the GT40 intake will not be on my engine. I've got a TFS R lower, and plans to make plenums to fit an IC above the lower, to the KB, and for the TB. I'm surprised they(KB) never made a plenum for any better lower intake than the GT40. I do hope they make a few snout parts for the KB's, that's the one thing I think I'll have to hunt still.

Your lower intake selection is going to be a problem, clearly. You could machine an adapter to make it work, but it's probably a lot cheaper to find a GT-40 style lower intake for your engine. I've got a Lightning GT-40 port lower intake on 400 Cleveland engine in my Bronco using 351W port adapter from Price Motorsports. At least it works.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts

Sorry for the delayed response - yes, it's a 2.3 liter blower. Saleen414 on here has a 2.8 KB with a custom intercooler/intake setup - he's running mid 8's. Somewhere he's got pictures of his setup. It might be worth asking him about what he's done. I think a KB 2.2 is similar to a Whipple 2.3 - internally, they're almost identical designs. Whipple lists the 2.3 as having a max HP rating of 750, and I'm about 100 hp beyond that - you could probably achieve similar performance with a 2.2 KB. I think Shannon (tinman on here) got a 2.2KB down to 9.5's at 141 - granted he was running race gas (my current best of 9.83 @ 140 was on Q16 - but I only went out one time with it - my best pump gas pass was a 9.88 @ 138.8; I think a few more tries with the Q16 would've gotten me another tenth or two and another mph or two.)

Those are good benchmarks of what you can do with a 2.2 kb/2.3 Whipple. I'm in the process of installing longtubes, meth and a chrome moly k member as we speak - I think I could get down to a 9.6 @ 142+ with those mods (I'm tire limited - I can only fit a 26x8.5" slick under to car and still comfortably drive it to the track - best 60' is a 1.41). A little more rpm would be beneficial for the converter lockup down track, but I don't want to re-cam and re-gear just for that. I've installed a nitrous fogger nozzle as my meth injection nozzle. So I can always spray it down the road...

HTH.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Thanks Alex, Saleen414's car is all amazing. I was planning the same IC blower layout about 10+ years ago, I'm just slow finding time etc, to get to it. I hope I can hit 400rwhp with just the stock 302 and KB with IC, boost under 10psi. If I manage that, I think the stroker and a bit more boost will hit my goal.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts