Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a track day yesterday and when I got home I noticed that the inside 2" of tread on my left front tire was chunked up all the way around. I mean huge chunks were torn out! This has never happened before. The only difference was that I was using a different brand that normal but I had already done 3 days on these tires and all was ok but this 4th day it all went to hell. Everything in my steering and suspension seems to be ok and I have not changed my alignment. Any thoughts. Oh the tire was a Cooper RS3-S. I usually use a Nitto NT-05 but the track has gotten so worn out that I was tired of buying tires every 3 days. Track is fixed now so that's not what tore up the tire.Alignment is 4.5 caster, 2.5 camber and zero toe.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Nut and bolt the front left suspension, I bet you find something loose (like the strut bolts, tie rod, or a spindle going bad).

·
Registered
506 Posts
Did you drive around on the Coopers much before taking them out on the track? Some tires are apparently more durable when they aren't basically taken from sticker straight to max performance level driving, but get run in with two or thre hundred "break in" miles first.

Norm

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you drive around on the Coopers much before taking them out on the track? Some tires are apparently more durable when they aren't basically taken from sticker straight to max performance level driving, but get run in with two or thre hundred "break in" miles first.

Norm
Yes and they already had 3 track days on them. Tore up on the 4th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts