Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided I would like to maybe get a nice high HP fox to cruise on the weekends. Last night I ran across this ad and this car fits my criteria perfectly. Clean, high HP with Dart block, and most importantly A/C and heat. The only thing I don't like about it is the price. I emailed him an offer that I thought was fair and he countered at a price I still feel is high. Keeping all that private I'd like to know your opinions on what you feel is fair price on this one. I would really like to buy it, but at a reasonable price for both of us. I'm looking to keep this one so I will pay good money for a nice car that is done right, but also don't want to overpay. Let's hear your thoughts!

http://www.racingjunk.com/Radical-Street-Cars/182835386/1993-Mustang-GT-Cobra-clone-Street-Beast.html

·
Registered
198 Posts
looks nasty. Spec sheet is nice. Only thing I don't understand is the conservative tune statement... you have more than enough block, transmission, fuel, to handle whatever why not turn it up a little and include a dyno sheet showing what it can do. Seems like a ok deal. I mean you add up all the parts and what not it comes out but for that kind of money I would want to see it in person and look at every little thing (bottom of doors, body lines better be straight, floor pans clean, strut towers, no leaks of any kind) and dyno sheet. I mean the car in your sig should tell you how much it costs to build a of this caliber.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks nasty. Spec sheet is nice. Only thing I don't understand is the conservative tune statement... you have more than enough block, transmission, fuel, to handle whatever why not turn it up a little and include a dyno sheet showing what it can do. Seems like a ok deal. I mean you add up all the parts and what not it comes out but for that kind of money I would want to see it in person and look at every little thing (bottom of doors, body lines better be straight, floor pans clean, strut towers, no leaks of any kind) and dyno sheet. I mean the car in your sig should tell you how much it costs to build a of this caliber.
Thanks for your response. He's still running the stock computer so I am sure that is a limiting factor. I do know what it costs to build, but I also know that you'll never get back near what you put in it. I wish I would have looked late last year. I saw some sold cars with similar specs (dart block, turbo, etc) as this one in the classifieds that sold for around 15k, some were less. I'd like to stay around that number, maybe 17k max. Just wondering if I am being unrealistic or if he is.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
I was kinda thinking $15-17K myself. For $20K+, I'd want a Coyote swap, or at least better brakes than "brembo" stickered 94-98 Gt brakes.

It's a damn nice car doesn't get me wrong...but I think $22k is a tad high.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for your response. He's still running the stock computer so I am sure that is a limiting factor. I do know what it costs to build, but I also know that you'll never get back near what you put in it. I wish I would have looked late last year. I saw some sold cars with similar specs (dart block, turbo, etc) as this one in the classifieds that sold for around 15k, some were less. I'd like to stay around that number, maybe 17k max. Just wondering if I am being unrealistic or if he is.
Very very true about getting back on cars like this or any vehicle. 17k sounds right. like other post said for 22k it should have big brake kit, coyote swap, not stickered brake calipers (that is pretty funny tho). It is a beautiful car...id be real curious on the "original paint" that looks that clean, being in the body business for 8yrs now doesn't make me an expert but a vehicle like this that hasn't been hit,repaired, parts repainted, etc seems a little to rare/suspicious. idk in the end it is your money, you will offer what you feel it is worth however how many guys/gals are going to pay 22k for a foxbody... I think you got some wiggle room.. he bit the bullet and modded it to the point he did and that just limited his buyers sad to say but that's how hobby goes...always wanna go faster right

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I spent the better part of the day going back and fourth with this guy. Ended up agreeing to 18k, but once I ran the VIN I found it really has 160k and has been in a wreck. He also did not build the car like his ad implies, but rather is the 3rd or 4th owner who's had it since. Who knows what the motor really had on it. Overall the guy selling it and his ad are very deceptive. The worst part is that I really don't care that it has 160k and has been in a wreck. I of course wouldn't offer what I offered knowing this, but maybe id still be at 15k or so if it looked good and put down the #'s he was claiming. Anyone looking at this car should beware.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
I would have walked as well. 160K, despite everything being redone is still a lot of miles of chassis flex. You can replace every mechanical component on the car, but that's a huge ding on the value in my eyes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts