Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after thinking of doing high comp turbo I will now get me around 9-2-1 and upgrading from sir I beam eagle rods to a scat 4340 hbeam..I have a mp70 that is gonna get replaced....so what head gasket should I use with non oringed block and heads? And what turbo should I use t4 or t6 I'm running ponydown t6 kit but with a t4flange on it 4in thick 3"in and out intercooler all 3" piping 50mm tial bob and 48 mm presicion wg.. Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
It all depends on how much boost you want to run, the Fel pro MLS's are good.

As for turbo size it comes down to how fast do you want the turbo to spool. Bigger turbo flange=longer spool time but more power, smaller flange=quicker spool time but less max power. good luck.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just orderd dss dishtops,scat hbeam rods,and I took sce's advice on one of there gaskets to handle 15lbs +....as far as power I'd like to make 800 max so Would it be better to stay t4 or go t6

·
Registered
418 Posts
A T-4 flange will support the power that you need, so that is what I would go with.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turbonetics,precision,Garret what is better

·
Registered
418 Posts
They are all good in there own aspect. We use Precision in all of our twin turbo kits. so it comes down to budget. Let us know if we can help with anything on the project.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well as far as size what will make full boost off line and be capable of 1000hp....cause I don't want a turbo rated at 900 and me making 800 I rather leave less stress of turbo...my stall is a 3800 from what I was recommended ...i have msd 2 step in car timing the full msd ignition and I will be turning it up to 7500

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
99% of boosted 302/351W combos will live perfectly happy with a parts store felpro gasket. The key is good fasteners and proper clamping load.
As far as a turbo goes, I'd be looking at the MP T76 with a Q trim turbine, .96 a/r.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just put my turbo in the power adder section and sent a guy a deposit on a gt47 88mm t4 flange...I pick it up next week on wensday when I start my days off.. Hopefully it will run..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congrats that should make some good power, good luck with your build.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts