Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everyone run there wires through the firewall? I have a bunch of wires that I would like to re-route the correct way. Wires for gauges, fan switch, and others.

Do you find places to stick the wires through or do you drill new spots? If you do drill a new spot, where is the best place on the passanger and driver side?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On the drivers side there is a big rubber grommet that you can run extra wires through....can't remember what goes through there but if you notch the grommet there is plenty of room.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
well if you have an auto trans, that rubber grommet might will be empty, but if you have a 5 speed, the clutch cable will run through it.

You could just drill another hole, just below the clutch cable hole, and place a grommet in it, run your lines, wires through that.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
LoL, when my car was auto, all of the wires were going through the clutch cable hole. It was easy to get too, and was the home of about 5-7 wires.

When I got down to do the pedals, and realized all of those wires were going through the clutch cable hole, I didn't stop cursing for the hour it too to reroute them through the rubber grommet to the left of the clutch pedal. Talk about a PITA!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a T-5 so that grommet wont work. If I drill another hole below the clutch cable, Is there anything close by there that I need to make sure that I don't hit?
Also I have a mechanical temp gauge, will I have enough temp cable to get all the way to my lower intake?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
There is another hole in the firewall below the clutch cable hole and to the left of the brake booster that I have always used. Its pretty big and if I remember right, a harness runs thru it. I just moved the rubber to the side and fed wires thru there. Ill try and get a picture tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts