1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 92 LX hatch
Weight: 3200 w/o driver
Engine/ Tranny: Stock block, stock heads, Vortech SC, stock T-5, 3.73 gears
Front Suspension: Stock K-member, a-arms, FRPP B springs, Bilstein non-adjustables,
Rear Suspension: Metco adjustable uppers, boxed lowers, Strang 10-way adjustables, all new poly busings
Wheels/Tires: 15x3.5 Draglights in front w/ radials, and 15x8 Draglights in rear wit MT 275/50/15 ET Street Radials

Car is full interior, with a/c, p/s, p/b, etc. All stock accessories. Has a Vortech w/ FMIC.

Problem: All the car does is spin - front end does not lift at all. Launching at 3500. When I had 245/45/17 hard radials on the car, I got poor 60's (2.3). Now I get even worse 60's with MT's and Draglights (2.7).

Question: What can be done to improve it, other than removing a/c, ps, pb, etc - that is not an option. This is a daily driven street car, not a race car.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Your car is heavy and your trying to launch it with manual trans and short side wall tires. If you dont want to change anything, try playing with the rear shock adjustments and tire pressure, from there its just going to be a matter of learning to drive the car.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Go with a removed sway bar up front and strange 10 way adjustables. This keeps the street car manners and allows for weight transfer at the track.

My suspension is

Removed front swaybar
Strange 10 way adjustable front struts
Rear boxed lower arms
Flipped quad shocks
Weld draglites 15x3 front and 15x8 rear
MT ET DRAG slicks 26x8

I'm expecting 1.6-1.7 60 ft times with this setup. The only aftermarket part is the strange struts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind changin some parts - I just don't want to give up driveability. I am considering an auto, plus changing the front to coilvers and tubular k-member, if that will help. I just don't want to remove the interior, the a/c, etc.

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should both the front and rear swaybars be removed? Any dangers on the street?

Leaving at idle, I still spin 1st and 2nd, unless I really baby it. I want it to hook and launch.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Remove only the front..the rear helps with a straight launch. Also with real slicks and a good burnout on a decent track you will be able to just drop the clutch and dead hook. Removing the sway bar and the adjustable struts should make all the difference to your car.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Here is a pic from Saturday at the track. This is with a 200lb passenger in the car. Only aftermarket suspension part is front struts. It seems that the stock stuff hooks great!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts