Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I have been struggling with brake cooling issues on my mach1 and am happy to report that I made some real gains by adapting some 5" funnels to the front of my 3" brackets which are in the slot below the bumper.I did not break a rotor this past weekend which is a first in a long time.

What I did experience for the first time is that my car was running hot to the point that I felt it necessary to back off for a couple of laps to lower the temp.Now I realize that it was 95 degrees in the shade and I am still getting faster but it has never done this before.The fact that the funnels are grabbing more air makes me wonder if they are also blocking some needed flow from the radiator.As you guys know there is an air dam/deflector under the car that is plastic and is I think fastened to the rad support.If I could find a bigger one or extend the OEM piece do you think that would force more air through the rad?If so do you know of a take off/junk yard piece that is bigger/taller,etc.?

·
Registered
275 Posts
As some of you know I have been struggling with brake cooling issues on my mach1 and am happy to report that I made some real gains by adapting some 5" funnels to the front of my 3" brackets which are in the slot below the bumper.I did not break a rotor this past weekend which is a first in a long time.

What I did experience for the first time is that my car was running hot to the point that I felt it necessary to back off for a couple of laps to lower the temp.Now I realize that it was 95 degrees in the shade and I am still getting faster but it has never done this before.The fact that the funnels are grabbing more air makes me wonder if they are also blocking some needed flow from the radiator.As you guys know there is an air dam/deflector under the car that is plastic and is I think fastened to the rad support.If I could find a bigger one or extend the OEM piece do you think that would force more air through the rad?If so do you know of a take off/junk yard piece that is bigger/taller,etc.?

Search around for a Ranger air dam.
They are a lot bigger and can be made to fit pretty easily. I had one on my car for a while and it worked great.
If you search the right wording here you should be able to find more info.

Good luck,
Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts