Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 5spd 1996 GT. Mods P&P Upper Intake Manifold, K&N filter, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.73 gears, and for tires I've got MT ET Streets. 26x10.5-15 for the tire size.

What times do you guys think I can achieve?

Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Never know till ya run it :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
high 8s. Be sure and get rid of everything you dont need (extra seats, spare, etc) also. I ran a 9 flat with similiar mods and less gear in my 86GT, so you should see 8s.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
Low-Mid 9's would be my guess.

Actually....first time? Make that Mid-High 9's.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. This is my second time going to the track with this car. I'm also going to a better track this wednesday. I will tell you my track times when I get back. I got the slicks because I could not get a decent ET or decent 60ft time on stock tires. Its sad to say but I could only manage a 10.30 et and a 2.6 60ft time on my stock tires. Thats horrible! My goal is to get a 9.4 ET and a 1.9 60 ft time. I'm also going to port my MAF on tuesday.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Spend more time at the strip instead of on mods. Those 60' times are pretty bad. I would imagine you were getting alot of wheelspin with a 2.6. All it takes is practice. You should be able to break into the 8's with the micky's and gears. Good luck.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
Bullitt4456 said:
You should be able to break into the 8's with the micky's and gears. Good luck.
I don't see it happening w/ stock 96 SOHC heads.

·
Registered
333 Posts
With your mods you should be able to break 9.....I ran 9.24 before the blower on 18" street tires....with a full stereo system...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had a good time at the track! Got over 20 races! My best time was aganst my buddies Cobra. I had my spare tire, full interior and tool box in the car. I was really hoping to get a 9.4et, oh well.

Rt: .534
60ft: 2.077
? 6.221
ET:9.655
MPH: 72.272

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
T_Bone said:
Low-Mid 9's would be my guess.

Actually....first time? Make that Mid-High 9's.
Originally posted by PacificGt
Rt: .534
60ft: 2.077
? 6.221
ET:9.655
MPH: 72.272

I win. :D

Good job. Now get some '99+GT PI heads (and intake, if needed) and gain a few more tenths.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
Yes, your going from 6 cats to none. Definitely.

Gut it out next time, too. Things to remove...
Passenger seat
Rear seat
Rear back cushion and head rest
Mach 460 speaker/amp box
Spare tire/jack/trunk board and carpet
Floor mats
Front sway bar

All of this is good for ~175 lbs., which should gain you another .1 -.15 sec.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks a lot for the help! I'll try those weight reductions. I'm also going to buy Steeda U/D pullies and a o/r h-pipe so I can get closer to my goal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts