Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to get a set of slicks for my 01 GT but would like some advice. I've got a set of Mickey Thompson Drag Radials now in 275/50/15 on an 8in Prostar which is a 26in tire and no matter what the PSI is at they will not hook on the street or the track. I have a tubular front end with Strange Struts and 200lb springs, it weight transfers well but as soon as I build boost I've got no traction. The rear end is completely stock right now with the 3:27's and all. I've got 3:73's, hardened axles, and a 31 spline posi going in next week. I am not sure what tire to run, or what size. I am looking at the Mickey Thompson 27x10.5-15 or the 26x10.5-15s, do you think either of these would work for me? If not or you know of a tire that would work better for me please let me know. My car puts down 526/470 and weighs 3150lbs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Here is a my video on YouTube, the runs in the orchards are at 8lbs at the firm setting on my struts, the other runs next to the big hill are at 14lbs on the drag race setting of the struts. The donuts are on street tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAeDIyrWHRQ

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
First of all, quit beating the snot out of the car like that, or it WILL come back to haunt you.

Lose the drag radials. They suck for a stick car. Look at my setup(similar power/weight) I run an ET Street 26X10.5X16 mounted on a 16" 94-95 GT rim. I cut consistent 1.60-1.66 short times with them. I also cant get any faster with them for my chassis. I am getting a set of 26X10X15 ET Drags (Stiff sidewall) this week, so I can dump the clutch at 5500-6k and hold on tight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts