Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been up reading every night till 1 am and seem to be getting things straightened out. I have a 4.6 2 valve that I've been running a combo of nitrous and intercooled 2.1 KB on for years and sold it to go turbo. My kit is a hellion single with everything minus the turbo. My turbo for now is a cheaper CX 76mm .96 AR. and after all is up and working I'm buying a precision 7576. The heads are MMR stage 2 with comp XE270AH cams (questions here) the block is a romeo (not that it matters) with mahle 16 cc dish pistons, Manely rods, and all arp in the bottom end and head studs, cast balanced crank. I still have my stock PI cams but bought some ground down valves from modular head shop for the comps. My understanding is that the 270AH comps are not a good cam for the turbo build. Will they still work for around 600-650 wheel or should I put the stockers back in? Problem is that I love the sounds of the comps and the turbo. This is not a race car but a daily driver that gets raced from time to time. Cam specs are 270 duration and 234 at .05 on the intake and 274 duration and 238 at .050 exhaust both with .550 lift and Intake center line at 109* Thanks for taking the time to review and help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, any thought?

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I would contact Freezy from this site and see what he recommends.

ks

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
When you learn something about the cam and how it works, please share it.

I have a PT7675CEA that a buddy had on an old class race car on a 363 with a big solid roller custom cam and 205CNC heads. I get about 11 at the rear tires at 24-25 psi boost with it. The ET and MPH match the dyno, so the dyno is right. That little tubo just pumps out the power. I'm really interested to see what a similar turbo does on your type of engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts