Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need some pointers for my 427 Clevor Eleanor build

Heres what im looking at. trying to maybe finally finish my Eleanor project. motor is 427 dart block Clevor motor built by ford strokers. CHI 3v heads and intake, motor was built for boost, so im in the process of trying to figure out bracketry for this hybrid to mount my novi 2000 on it....any references for a shop to maybe customize or modify a bracket to fit this? second. the intake has bosses that can be machined so im looking for a referral to a shop that can machine the intake for injectors and fuel rail tabs.

now, I need some tips on fuel system and ECM to supply this setup. now im not sure what power numbers ill actually get out of this, but the motor was initially spec'd from a past build I saw somewhere with a 427 stroker with good boost producing near 1000 HP on the dyno. what injectors and ecm system will handle all this. most likely doing a meth injection as well to cool it down. what otions would I have also for the TB and elbow or whatever to get the air into the manifold. TB size? looking forward to some suggestions from what may have worked from you all.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
With boost a 120 lb/hr fuel injector is maxed out (100% duty cycle) around 900 ish whp. Depending. Some people can get more some less. I installed Precision Turbo 220 lb/hr injectors and saw a duty cycle of 48% at 18 psi and 900 plus whp on C16. Went to Pro E85 and the duty cycle jumped to 74% or so. Have a -12 feed up to the engine compartment to Y block splitting to dual -8 line to the front of the injector rails and out the back of the rails with -8 to the regulator and from there -6 back to the fuel tank. Using an Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump. My fuel system is a bit overbuilt, but I only wanted to do it once. For engine management I went with a FAST XFI and run sequential speed density. Lots of nice features, easy to use. Holley makes a nice system as well. Lots of ways to get there depending on budget.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts