Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've decided to take my car from black to dark metallic purple. the body shop says they'll charge 1000 dollars to paint the car excluding the door jams and engine bay. to include the door jams they want an additional 1000 dollars. do you think i'd regret later on if i dont have the door jams done up too? i mean, since the car is black i guess it wouldnt be all that tacky looking. i'm just indecisive. 1000 dollars extra is a hell of a lot though. still i guess 2000 for the whole job isnt all too bad.

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
1k for an entire paint job is dirt cheap, do you trust the work your shop does, and what paint do they use?

As for the door jambs, unless its a really dark purple, like black with a purple "perl" to it I would definetly get the jambs done. Leave the underhood black though, black engine compartments look good on all cars. It will save you a lot of $ I imagine because it is extreamly time consuming.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
1,054 Posts
It will look good, but remember you'll get what you pay for. Paint jobs are not cheap especially if there is body work to be done.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohh , i know this guys work. he painted my car black about 3 years ago. no chipping at all and the paint looked awesome. of course it had faded a little between then and now mainly because i store the car outside all the time and black tends to fade easy if your not careful. he painted my dads dodge ram for 900 dollars about 5 years ago, metallic blue and it still looks like wet paint. the gloss is amazing. i have no idea how he gets off charging so little for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts