Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my downpipe/turbo kit ate through my wires.
They don't look like anything special, I believe they were stock replacement wires (previous owner put em on there).
I have a BG turbo kit. So they come very close to the downpipe.

What do you guys recommend for replacements?
Within a reasonable price?
This is a stock ignition car but I'm looking for some decent wires.
I have the MSD cap and rotor so if the wires have the "lock" things on them it would be nice.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have all my hot side wrapped and using wire covers. I also made a retainer to pull the wires away from the headers, it is attached using the v/cover bolts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Sweet. Thanks for the tips. Any ideas on what wires I should get?

I had PerTronix wires in first, they lasted a while but heat finally made them fail. Right now I have Moroso Ultra 40, spendy but seem to take the heat better so far.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
damn i can't believe those boots are so cheap. i just bought a set from summit. looks like i'll be sending those back.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Call up Taylor, tell them what you need, pick any color you want and they send it to you. With the temps your turbo headers and down pipe get, eventually it will wear out your wires with out protection. You should wrap your headers and down pipe with thermotec heat wrap and use high temp spark plug boot covers. Not only will that protect your plug wires, it also reduces under hood temps, and the wrap will help keep the heat from your exhaust gases in the exhaust system causing it to create a vortex that pushes the exhaust gases through and out your exhaust faster.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Use 90 degree ends as suggested also..........
hmmm good stuff! I have some aircraft stuff and 90's on there for insurance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also run a B&G hotside and you have to wrap your downpipe and put a boot over the wire. Mine have never burned running them this way.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got my new wires.
Taylor 8.2 Thundervolts

Waiting on my plug wire boots to come in!
Will keep you guys updated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts